• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot share album with others

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry to aks a maybe silly question but I`m not sure if I`m doing something wrong or if I did not understand the functionality properly.

I have the following problem: I created a album in Lightroom CC from our holidays . Now I want to share it with my friend who were with us.

I added their emails to the list of users and the invitations were sent to them.

But now I got the response from them, that they have to Login ? Is that the intention of lightroom / adobe, that every User has to have an Adobe ID or must login somewhere to see a shared album?

Would be happy If anybody could repsond, because I cannot force my friends to register just to see the photos.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often find it easier to set up sharing from the web app. You can make a link available to anyone and photos can be viewed without an Adobe ID. If you wish friends to collaborate, e.g. to add their own photos to your album; then an Adobe ID is required.

Sign-in at the link below to enable sharing from a browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Click top-right to enable sharing and set your preferences – see images below. You can copy and paste the link into an email or share via social media.

Enable-Sharing.jpg

Anyone.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are now two options when sharing an album. You can either set the Link Access to "Anyone can View", which will allow users to view without having to have an Adobe account....you just need to send them the link. The other option is "Invite Only", which means that only those that you send the Invite to can see the album, but those users DO have to have an Adobe Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have discovered the "must log in" problem this morning.  I have it set to public as you can see, but when you try to go to the album you need to log in.  This was all done from Android device. People don't want to create another account Adobe... at least allow

Screenshot_20190803-071923.jpgScreenshot_20190803-071944.jpg

Look, people don't want to create another login Adobe... if you are going to force people to give you name/email just to view photos shame on you!

In addition, you could at least set up login with a social account, like FB or Google. 

I was really disappointed when I tried to share this album . 

Anyone can try the link as it's just pictures from our local garden group in Uruguay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also struggling with the sharing. I set it up using the LR web as described above by 99jon and because i did not want the world to see my photos i selected "invite Only". My sister indeed signed up for and got an Adobe ID and all was well for a few weeks. Now this week when she tries to sign in she gets a message saying that her account has expired.  So my question is is it really true that adobe ID (the "free" one) is only good for a limited time. My siste has no need of adobe for other reasons so she will NOT pay for one.  What do we do, or are there other means to securely share photos?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I "talked" to Adobe help... they say that anyone who wants to view the shared albums need to PAY for an adobe subscription for $9.99 or I can start a team subscripiton. I will do NEIRTHER and once I've found a work aroung I'll post here. ADBOBE please not that I"m very annoyed by this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder when this started? I just shared an album a few days ago and all was good but not today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you set "Anyone can view" you are making the Album "Public", but you should not be concerned. The Link for your album contains mixed characters and numbers such that the mathematical chance of anyone random finding your album on the web is 1 in Trillions!

Your "Public" link can be shared with friends and family and they do not need to sign in- just use your link in their web browser.

If you want to set your Album to "Invite", then you friends/clients will need an Adobe ID. "Invite" IMO is intended for Collaborative proofing.

http://lightroomsolutions.com/collaborative-proofing/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines