• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting rejects in the LR CC?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete all rejected photo's at one time?  I used to be able to do this in LR Classic.

Even the simplest processes seem to take too long. Frustrating! 

Sorry, need to vent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Simply click on the filter symbol on the top menu and then click the x flag to the left. Use Ctrl+A to select all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are in a continuous batch click the first to select then hold down shift and click the last photo to select all. Right-click and choose delete (number) of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon.

That did work.

But in this new LR CC, I still want to delete my rejects.  Since they are not a continuous selection.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply click on the filter symbol on the top menu and then click the x flag to the left. Use Ctrl+A to select all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new Lightroom CC for Mac.  And you gave me an idea.

I selected which to reject.  Then filtered to only see rejects.

Used the Ctrl+A to select all.

And then deleted only the reject.

A couple extra steps.  Not like the previous version. Where I could delete with a command+delete.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, you are a lifesaver. you saved me an hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Ctrl+Backspace. This will delete all the Rejected Photos in selected folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple and this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and am finding it difficult especially since when you Google for help all the answers seem to be relevant to Lightroom CC classic only.  I am also have the same problem with deleting photos.  I have tried the step listed above namely:

filter for rejected photos

control+A to select all

delete photo

But this only deletes photos one at a time.  It is not selecting all of my rejected photos.

Any additional help is most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I select photos within any collection Smart or not, then clicked on the encompassing folder (in my case photos) that the photos I selected in the collection remain selected no matter which subfolder they are in.   Then I can use menu or cmd+delete to delete the selected photos.

None of the above answers actually answered the question.  So the CMD-DELETE function works, just not inside a collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im so effing frustrated too! I hate this set up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying this, I only got the option to delete 1 photo (even if using shift to select multiple photos at once). Even after filtering for all rejected photos, I was unable to select all (CMD+A)... it was greyed out.

Here's what worked for me: apparently you have to be in one of the grid views (NOT the single photo "Detail" view) to Select All, then you can CMD+DEL to delete all selected photos at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only option that worked for me! Thanks so much.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines