• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does deleting photos from Lightroom delete them from my computer or phone camera album?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to confirm before I go ahead and delete photos that they will infact not be gone forever on my hardrive, phone album, etc.  For the most part my lightroom photos are all ones that I have speficially imported with the intention of editing, but I noticed that below those ones are 10,000 plus photos that I have no intention of editing so really don't need in lightroom. I do however want to keep these photos in my computer libary and phone gallery as they are really important photos that I can't afford to lose.

I just want to triple check that deleting them from lightroom will not result in the original photos being deleted or lost forever.

Sorry if this question has been answered, I've just found it hard to confirm it and I don't want to risk losing anything valuable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

If you have those images saved on the computer's drive or in the mobile gallery, then you can delete them from Lightroom as it won't have any effect on the original images outside of Lightroom. However, if you have done some editing on those images in Lightroom, you will lose that editing.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines