• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading photos from camera to Android

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I download photos from my camera to my android phone or tabled via the appropriate cable (with correct usb connectors). I have a Sony a7 camera that take REW ARW file pics. If the cable doesn't work is it worth me getting the appropriate SD card reader. I have been experimenting (for several hour) and can get nothing to work.

{Title edited by Moderator to assist others}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nickm,

Sorry that you cannot import images in Lightroom mobile from your camera. 

Lightroom mobile can import images from your camera if proper physical media is used to transfer the data. Please take a look at this discussion https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-mobile-add-photos-camera/ and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, it was very interesting. You don't recommend, or even acknowledge that it is possible, to import photos using LRCC. That is contrary the what I had been give to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your best option is to use a card reader to transfer the images from the camera to a laptop and upload from there... then you can download to your phone

or you can use an Sony app on your phone to sync to the camera and transfer a few images to the phone... speed is tip the main issue with that

once you have the laptop or phone synced to the images, yes Lightroom can 'import' them which in this case translates to upload them to the cloud storage... again bandwidth is the major issue with that senario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when traveling on vacation I now only travel with my iPad so I use the procedure described in LightroomQueen to transfer to raw files from my camera SD card to the tablet. After they are imported into the Photos app they get automatically transferred into Lightroom Mobile. I make edits and when I have internet access they will get uploaded to the Creative Cloud Storage. When the files have been uploaded I can then safely remove them from the Photos app.

Eventually when I return home I can copy the original file which will sync with Lightroom Classic on my Desktop. Then I can remove the originals from cloud storage and sync from LR Classic Collections. The files are retained on the SD cards until I am satisfied they have been safely stored on my HDD and backed up to External HDD.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you travel to places with good wifi speeds and we are talking 10 jpegs (at a time) not 200 raw images then yes sure... you get the best from using both of them for what they are designed to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from Adobe's documentation, describing using PTP mode and OTG cable:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/import-mobile-android.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time, I have a few new experiments to try. My reason for wanting to download to my phone/table is so I can travel light, my laptop is quite large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines