• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a specific size jpeg

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought and downloaded Lightroom yesterday and am struggling. I need to export images (jpegs) for competitions (1920pixels x 1200pixels) and can't work out how to do this. My screen bears no relation to any of the tutorials I've watched and I can't work out how to do this. I seem only able to set one dimension. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using? (Help - System Info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, difficult or impossible to do easily in Lightroom (Cloud version 3.2).

eg. if your image is cropped square- an export with a long edge would export at 1920x1920 which exceeds your comp specified size limits.

(Lightroom-Classic does allow an export for a photo to 'Fit' within stated 'dimensions' eg.w1920 x h1200 irrespective of the photo's format ratio and orientation.)

If you have Photoshop (or other editing software) installed, it may be easier to export full-size and do the resize in Photoshop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like maybe you are using Lightroom and watching tutorials for Lightroom Classic.

In order to export your image at the specific dimension of 1920 x 1200 you need to first crop your photo to the same proportion. Unfortunately Lightroom doesn't make this very easy because there is no preset for 1920 x 1200. You probably don't want to crop your image anyway. Go back and reread the directions for the competition. It might say to make the longest width no more than 1920px and longest height no more than 1200. It probably doesn't require you to enter your photo at those exact proportions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines