• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File format from Apple Photos?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to migrate most of the photos I have in Apple Photos into Lightroom CC. They are mostly stored as JPG or HEIC files in Apple, and as a gut reaction, I was just about to go ahead and export them in their original format from Apple, and import them in the same format into Lightroom CC.

Will I gain anything (other than use more of my space in the cloud) by exporting them as tiff files from Apple, and storing them in Lightroom as tiff instead? I don't suppose picture quality will be better since the originals are JPG or HEIC - but will it do anything to improve transfer for metadata? (I have experienced that capture dates are randomly lost on some photos I export from Apple and re-import into Lightroom...) 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>Will I gain anything (other than use more of my space in the cloud) by exporting them as tiff files from Apple, and storing them in Lightroom as tiff instead?

No you are always better off using the original files you shot. HEIC and jpeg can store all metadata just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines