• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to access LR & PS through the new Adobe interface?

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow or another, Adobe performed an update of “Creative Cloud” in my computer.

Now when I click on the “Creative Cloud” icon on my desktop in order to access LR Classic or PS, a new interface pops up and I can’t seem to find a way to open LR or PS.

The new interface seems to offer quite a few tutorial options of various Adobe apps, but no way to access the LR & PS app.

Can anyone provide me with direction?

Prior to this new interface, I would simply click on the Creative Cloud icon followed by a list of Adobe apps to select from.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new interface.  I've been clicking all over the place and still can't find a way to open LR & PS:

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s asking you to update your apps because you are running older versions. After the are updated the blue buttons will change to say “open”. Is there a reason that you don’t want to run the updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the [Update] buttons work when you click them?

Or maybe you just need to Sign-out then Sign-In to refresh the Desktop App.

When the programs are up-to-date you should see the [Open] buttons-

ScreenShot416.jpg

And you have a few notifications to read! (See the 'Bell' icon)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa & Wobert; thank you for your reply. Have been reluctant to update LR or PS because of the problems reported by some photographers after updating to newer versions of the Adobe apps. This is actually a case in point, as I have been left in a state of confusion after this inadvertent Creative Cloud update. I would like to try your suggestion of signing out and signing back in. Naive question, but I don’t see an option to sign out on this new interface. Since my original post, I have discovered that if I click on the 3 dots (i.e., the “more actions” symbol) to the right of the “update” button (see illustration of new interface posted above), I get an “open” option to open the LR or PS app. (Yes, I’m computer challenged. 😞 ) In any event, this is progress, - as I’m now able to at least access LR & PS. Still hoping, however, that I can find a way to access LR & PS the “old fashion way” - through the uncomplicated window, which simply lists all the Adobe apps, - accessed through the Adobe Creative Cloud icon on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point of confusion:  Since the Creative Cloud update, the format for Adobe Forum has changed, as well.  “Reply” field in this new format has now been relegated to a single line in which to type a response, if responding to one of your replies.  Previous forum format provided a large “reply” area in which paragraphs could be typed and illustrated as paragraphs.

Larger field for paragraphing is still made available, however, if I reply to my own original post, as I am doing here.  Yet, the area has been reduced considerably now and requires scrolling to view.

Also, for some odd reason, the “reply” option under each of your responses is now suddenly inactive; so, I do not have the option of responding directly to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should still be 'Open' buttons behind the names, just like before. But wouldn't it be easier to add the apps to your Macintosh Dock or Windows Taskbar?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean users actually use the application manager to start their applications? I have never done that. I have icons added to the taskbar. I hardly ever go to the application manager because it automatically updates my Adobe apps. If I right-click on the Lightroom icon in the taskbar, I can choose between different catalogs for quick and efficient switching. Very little need to ever go to the application manager, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with this, Johan.

On my Windows start screen-

ScreenShot099.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines