• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 1TB Cloud Plan and Bridge

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 9.99 20GB plan and find that I'm not really using Classic or Photoshop, just CC and occasionally Camera Raw in Bridge for initial culling and/or range masks.

I was considering switching to the 9.99 1 TB CC only plan.

If you get the Lightroom CC plan (No classic, no Photoshop) does Camera Raw still edit files in Bridge, or does it revert to read-only mode like if you use Bridge without subscribing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Bridge is a simple file browser. Raw editing is accessed via the Photoshop interface from Bridge. So you would lose access to range masking until such time as Adobe introduces a similar feature into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is a simple file browser. Raw editing is accessed via the Photoshop interface from Bridge. So you would lose access to range masking until such time as Adobe introduces a similar feature into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. The Bridge documentation states that Lightroom integration is possible via camera raw but for me it doesn't work. I am not sure this is because I am using a trial version or Adobe is not referring to their products accurately.

Whatever reason they had to call the new Lightroom it is utterfly confusing as a lot of information out there is actually for the classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what manner are you attempting to integrate Bridge and Lightroom? As far as I am aware, the two programs are not related or designed to work together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to manage some of my pictures locally, ideally on external drives. I was hoping I could import everything into Lightroom, then extract raw and adjustment file and use Bridge on local drives to view the pictures.

I do believe if I license the Lightroom classic on top this will work. I am a bit annoyed though while the Camera Raw documentation says this should work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/introduction-camera-raw.html#work_with_camera_raw_and_light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're making a lot of assumptions. First of all, you'll have to be using Lightroom Classic in order to make this work. And, in Classic, it will be necessary to have selected the option to write changes to XMP files. This will ensure that the changes will be written to sidecar files for your raw files, and will be written directly to DNG files and non-raw files. If you don't choose this option then the adjustments that you make in Lightroom will not be displayed in Bridge. And for all of your existing images that you have in Lightroom now, in Classic, you will need to go to all photographs in the library module and hit Ctrl/A To highlight all your images and then choose the Save button AFTER you have selected the option to write changes to XMP files. Otherwise, the images that you have in your library now won't have the changes you have made in Lightroom written to the files.

This is my own opinion, which isn't worth much. It seems to me you're going to a lot of work to integrate Bridge when you could do everything with Lightroom. The only time I use Bridge is when I'm going to experiment with an image and not use Lightroom at all. I see no reason or benefit in trying to integrate Bridge into a Lightroom/Photoshop workflow. Take that for what it's worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines