Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 closes without warning

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using Lightroom 6 on Windows almost since it was released without any problem, but since last week (at least, I haven't used Lightroom for the past three months), it closes without any warning while I'm using it. I noticed it happens every time I press O for face recognition or when I want to add a tag manually on a person. But it also happened once while I tried to delete a folder. I solved this first problem by deleting the pictures inside the folder first, but for face recognition I can't find a way to bypass the software closing.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem comes from and/or how to solve it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a long thread in the Adobe Feedback Forum, with some posts by experts-

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a user in the thread referenced above called TML59 who was active for a long time. I learned (also from direct contact) that (s)he indicated the problems were caused by an expired license in the face recognition module. That, in my mind, defeats the perpetual license model people paid for at the time. Last thing I read there that this user promised to update those following the discussion. I'll try to get more information if possible.

The workaround below only tricks the PC (and LR6) into believing the date is before December 2020 and thus the license will still work (but it's unsure what this might do to other applications running on your system).

Obviously, Adobe can't update the outdated LR6 to fix this, which leaves end users which were happy with LR6 and wanted to continue to use that version are now forced into a USD 10 monthly cost... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Running W10 and Lightroom 6; worked until a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the following work-around:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

and set date to November 1st: no crash on lightroom!!!
So must be something to do with the facial recognition dll (see thread above). Crazy. The SW is still legitemite and should run!

Adobe please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines