• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Non-responsive

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! Shortly after I updated my operating system to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2, several problems occured. I am unable to add new photos, I always receive an error message. I am also unable to use the presets that I have saved on existing photos. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled both Lightroom CC and my Mac OS to no avail. Lightroom CC still works fine on my iPad Pro, but I need to be able to use my computer. Files will not sync between them, however. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to download photos from my Leica to my Mac through Lightroom.

It has happened recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I always receive an error message

What kind of error message? What Lightroom version precisely? Lightroom CC does not exist anymore. It is either just "Lightroom" for the cloud based version or Lightroom Classic for the local storage based one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand. Lightroom CC does exist. I just downloaded and reinstalled it the other day, to ensure that wasn't the problem. I also use it currently on my iPad and iPhone. I also have lightroom classic on my computer, but it will not load. I believe it has something to do with the new Apple update to IOS Catalina, as it was just after I installed it, that it stopped importing photos. The error message is: An error has occured while importing photos. Please try again." When I try again, the message is that the photos will not be imported because they would be duplicates. Yet, they do not show up in the Lightroom library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your app is called Lightrom CC, it is an old version. The problem is that Adobe used the name for two different programs and so it causes endless confusion. The current version is called Lightroom (without the CC!) for the cloud based storage version, or Classic for the local storage based version. The apps on iPhone and Android is also now called just Lightroom without the CC. So if you see Lightroom CC somewhere you are running an old version that is likely not compatible with Catalina. The current version of the cloud based Lightroom is LR 3.1 and has a dog in the splash screen. Check the creative cloud app for updates to Lightroom (the cloud version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. It is the one with the dog in the splash screen (without the CC). According to the Creative Cloud, it is the newest version. It is the one that is experiencing all of these issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines