Exit

Lightroom Cloud - How to disable that?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can you help me please?

I'm looking how disable auto upload of my photos into cloud. I didnt allowed that and really dont agree with that. I can only pause that, no stop that. 

Second where i can find my folders in cloud and how I can delete them in cloud?

If I check creative cloud, it will not show me any folder. 

Adobe Lightroom.JPG

Adobe cloud.JPG

Recap:

1. How to stop sync/upload of my files into cloud?

2. Where I can find my files in cloud?

3. How to delete my files in cloud?

4. How disable of any taking of my files without asking? 

  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have installed Lightroom 3.3 then you don't have an option. That is the whole design of the program, to import your images to the cloud so that they are available for you to access on your computer, your mobile phone, your iPad or other such device, etc., and be able to edit them on those devices and be able to share them from those devices. If that isn't your intent, and you want to keep your images on your computer then you should possibly consider Lightroom Classic. That program utilizes a local catalog and imports images to folders on your local hard drive or other hard drives that are connected to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer.

Yes I want offline version of SW for photos editing. No cloud or anything like that, I dont want upload any my photos anywhere. I installed as you suggested LIghtroom Classic, but still I'm not able disable uploading files. Can you show me where I can do that? 

SvobCZ_0-1597082849237.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this icon. If it says 'Start Syncing', then you are currently not syncing so you're done. Otherwise click 'Pause Syncing' and just leave it on pause.

1 2020-08-10 23-10-04.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are now only using Lightroom Classic then the only time images will be synchronized to the cloud is when you create collections and specifically choose to synchronize the collection. But even then those images will be synchronized as smart previews, and will not impact your cloud allotment. But if you really don't want any images in the cloud didn't do as Johan has indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines