Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop (Cloud) and Lightroo Desktop

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just posted a separate question on facial tagging, and now I've noticed that I can't even seem to create a collection on Lightoom 3.1. Now I'm wondering, am I NOT supposed to be using this software, or does it have a specific niche and I'm supposed to use Lightroom Classic for cataloging. I'm really confused, because basically, I want (and pay) to store photos in the Cloud, and don't want to be storing locally, but I also want to have basic cataloging functionality. Are these things mutually exclusive with Adobe's products? Or will every change I make in Classic sync to er 'Lightoom' (I thought this was called CC but it doesn't seem to be now??).

Sorry this is vague, I'm just really stuc on how to even start using this software if I want to transition away from local storage but still want functionality.

Many thanks

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still many, many features missing in Lightroom (cloud). But the good news is that you can create Albums which are the same as Collections in Classic. However there are no Smart Collections (albums) in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding naming conventions, there is Lightroom Classic (the Lightroom for managing everything locally) and Lightroom (the cloud-based Lightroom that stores all your images in the cloud). There is NO Lightroom CC anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines