Exit

Lightroom does not start after latest update error 126

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom does not start after latest update

1 error message:

Could not run script: OrganizeModuleFactory.lua Error: Win32 API error 126 ("Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunde.") when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction

2 error message:

Could not run script: OrganizeModuleFactory.lua Error: ?:0: attempt to call a nil value

please Help me

Windows 10 Version 1607 (Build 14393.2969)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christophl,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "could not run the script..." while opening Lightroom desktop.

You will see this message if you have a bad installation. Please checkout the steps troubleshooting below:

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Akash,

I did it like the description but the error is still there.

It still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I have the same problem and unfortunately the trouble shouting did not work.

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. It is a problem with a missing dll call from ati. Do you have an answer yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing images for my website and the same thing happened to me, my solution was to uninstall it, restart the whole computer and reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed LR for the first time on a clean install of Windows and am getting the same error. How is this software not funcitonal straight off the bat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to this, just because I have the same problem. Just got the subscription, downloaded the app and I got 2 errors, including this one. And I just can't get my Lightroom to work, no matter what. Tried the VC++ as well, but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem, but with the book Module:

Could not run script: BookModuleFactory.lua Error Win32API error 126 when calling ::LoadLibrary from getCFunction

I uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled it. No change; it still gets this error.   I finished a book 3 days ago and had no problems creating or uploading it to Blurb and obviously had no problem with the Book Module.  Now, it won't open the book module at all.  I can do everything else in LR.   I am running the latest version of Lightroom Classic on a Windows 10 64-bit pro.

This looks like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem... it's very lame from adobe! Not fixing this error? ... i pay for the cloud....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you fix the problem. do you have an amd video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same error here today, clean windows 10 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines