Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom not showing photos after upgrade Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I ahve a problem with Lightroom. Just upgrded the mac to Catalina, everything works great (for now) but Lightroom. Strangely, when I opened after the upgrade, by default, an other of my catalogues was active. I had to get back to my work catalogue, so I opened it. What I have right now are blank thumbnails on all folders. Only the metadatas are there, Lightroom sees the photos on my external harddrive but it doesnt show them. Please help me,

Thanks

Alberto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alberto,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom after upgrading to macOS Catalina. 

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using by going to the "Help" menu, then "System info"? Is the catalog also saved on the external drive with your images? Do the images in Lightroom show missing when or you are not able to previews?

If it is an issue just with the previews in Lightroom Classic, you can try to rebuild the previews using the steps mentioned here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-says-preview-cache-corrupted-fix/

Let us know if that helps! 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines