• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom syncing entire library to cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short, I got a new computer and installed the CC app. I had some photos on my external hard drive that I added to Lightroom CC. It was about 200 photos and that should have taken less than an hour to upload. When I went to check the sync status, it was syncing all 10,000 photos to the cloud, that are already on the cloud. How do I stop this? Is the Lightroom classic cloud separate from cc? Is my library syncing to classic by chance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain exactly what is happening and in which application? There is no "Lightroom CC" anymore. There is Lightroom (desktop) and Lightroom Classic. They both share the same cloud, but in a different way. Lightroom stores originals in the cloud, Lightroom Classic syncs smart previews. Lightroom Classic can only sync one catalog, so if you enable sync on a new computer with a new catalog, then Lightroom Classic will download every image that is already in the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for your reply. It’s in the Lightroom desktop app. It’s creating and syncing duplicates of my library of over 10,000 photos, and quickly filling up my cloud storage. When I went to bed I figured the number would go down when I woke up, but now it’s at 16,816

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remove th entire Lightroom local library (Lightroom Library.lrlibrary) and let Lightroom rebuild it after you have logged in again. Then you can remove the duplicates.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines