• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightroomCatalog.Ircat Did Not Download and On Screen Lightroom 7 Panel Screen Not Presentg

Participant ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 2021 release

On page 4 Sub heading: Creating a catalog file for working with this book it states “When Lightroom Classic starts for the first time a catalog file named LightroomCatalog.Ircat is automatically created on your hard drive. This default catalog file is created inside the folder user name pictures/Lightroom

After starting lightroom, this file was not located on my hard drive anywhere

Additionally, when I open the lightroom the heading (identity plate) containing the words LIBRARY DEELOP MAP BOOK SIDESHOW PRINT WEB ARE MISSING. INSTEAD THIS IS WHAT APPEARS:

kevinm47334143_0-1620860202641.png

AS YOU CAN SEE, I AM NOT EVEN GREETED BY NAME, AS I AM WITH THE PHOTOSHOP PROGRAM I HAVE.

ALSO IN LESSON 2 BRINGING PHOTOS INTO LIGHTROOM CLASSIC, HEADING: IMPORTING IMAGES FROM A HARD DISK, IT GIVE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS TO FOLLOW FILE>IMPORT PHOTOS. BUT ON MY SCREEN IT SHOWS THIS:

kevinm47334143_1-1620860202672.png

I am new at this.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to assist me

Kevin Minns

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well you have the wrong Lightroom!

You are another casuality of Adobe's non-sensical naming of the software.

You are using the Cloud based Lightroom-Desktop that does not have all the features of Lightroom-Classic.

If you look in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App you should see Lightroom-Classic available to install if you subscribe to the 'Photography Plan (20GB)'.

WobertC_0-1620865078815.png

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines