• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local storage vs cloud storage size different?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated my Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC and syncronized to Adobe cloud storage.  But the sizes are very different.  The Adobe cloud (from within Lightroom CC) says that I am using 722GB.  But my local catalog is about 250GB.

I could understand some difference but 3x doesn't seem to make sense.  Am I wrong?  Can I see what is on the cloud storage?  If I log into lightroom.adobe.com, all I see are my photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your local Lightroom Classic catalog does not contain the images. They are stored elsewhere on your hard drive. The cloud version stores the original images in the cloud, so you need to compare the catalog + the images to the cloud space.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Johan. Sorry but I should have been more thorough in my post. When I said "catalog", I did mean my library file plus the local folder where all of my images are stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I figured it out.  There were a ton of old files in "Deleted" that had not been purged (from when I was playing with syncing more than a year ago).  Once I cleared my deleted items in assets/adobe.com/deleted, my local and cloud storage are pretty much the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines