• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom - ERROR? WHAT?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my Lightroom Classic CC catalog to the new could-based Lightroom.

From the new Lightroom's File menu I choose "Migrate Lightroom Classic Catalog...", and I immediately get a message box that seems to (automatically) find the catalog I want to import, correctly identifies its size, but gives the error:

"Cannot stop or continue the pending migration. Please login to the user account from which the migration was initiated"

This is baffling because

a) This is the first time I've started a migration (so there should not be a 'pending' migration).

b) I only have one adobe user account, which I have used for the duration of my time with Lightroom Classic, and now with the new Lightroom.

Can anyone in the community or in Adobe support please help with this issue so I can migrate from LR Classic to LR?

I've read the related migration tips and FAQ pages, none seem to address this issue.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, here is the exact message box:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericb,

That isn't a great user experience as you're getting an error message "Cannot stop or continue the pending migration. Please login to the user account from which the migration was initiated" while migrating from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom. We're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

I'd recommend that you take a look at this similar discussion Lightroom Classic CC: All my collections from my previous version are gone | Photoshop Family Custom...  and let us know if that helps sorting out the issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akash,

Thank you for your concern.

The link you gave seems to be about someone upgrading their Lightroom Classic from an older version to a newer version. In my case, I am trying to migrate from 'Lightroom Classic' to 'Lightroom' (desktop, web based).

-Eric.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines