• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing color profiles in Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So I'm doing some pictures, with, what I want to be, a pure white background. I took the photos and in lightroom CC, they look pure white. When I upload them to my shopfiy store however, they do not. I learned that apparently it's because of the color profiles that may be getting added in lightroom. To disable those, I'm supposed to go to the print module... only there is no print module.

Does anyone know how to do this another way? All my 'white' pictures look bluish on Shopify and it's really not a pretty situation.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikem,

Sorry to hear that the color doesn't match, could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?
Also, what image format are you using?

Could you please try setting the monitor color profile as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 then restart the computer and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the cloud based lightroom CC, there is no print module. Only Lightroom Classic has a print module and it is the wrong approach to exporting in different color profiles anyway. Lightroom CC always exports to sRGB which is the web standard. The advice they gave you is bad. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the color profile. White is white in any of the main color profiles you could use in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC can only export one color profile anyway. What is happening is that what you think is white since you are not editing the image on a white background but dark gray in Lightroom CC is not actually white and you need to make the whites ... whiter. Look at your histogram when editing and use a slider such as the curves tool adding some edit points at the right-top side. Then move the right-top most point (the corner) to the left and make the big bump you will see at the right side of the histogram go completely to the right edge, making what looks white go actually white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines