Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still new in Lightroom - slow display, slow download

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

even I meanwhile in my "second paymentcycle" of Lightroom I'm still quite a newbee. I often have to issues, slowing me down and make working with LR a mess before I really can enjoy it's great features. 

1) Very often it needs a recognizable time to display a foto in full resoultion (usually around 15 MB shot with Canon 6D MII). It often tooks around half a second to shown fully. If you scan a bunch of 500 fotos first time, sorting out the crap, it's a definite showstopper if you have to wait each time half a second before you know if the foto is blurry or just not fully displayed. Also, when I went for and back usually I have againd to wait, so there seems no connection to a short-term-memory.

2) Uploading fotos can take it's time, but after I worked with them the download back to my PC is really a mess. Not only it take long time, it also takes all resources from my Computer. I cannot do anything else while back-loading. As usually loading from web-to-Compuer is the fast thing I don't understand why.

In both cases I assume the reason is that I upload the fotos to Lightroom, work with it online and then load it back. But I have no idea how I work with my fotos offline and maybe it's just necessary to upload, if the work is indeed not done by my PC but by some LR-Server. But I have no idea about the technic behind.

If someone have some good hints to solve the problem, I would be very glad, as it's really frustrating to be stopped out before you really can work.

Thanks in advance!

Detlef

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?