Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storing Smart Previews instead of originals

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there a way to make Lightroom CC store my photos as Smart Previews instead of the full originals? I've started importing photos to CC via Lightroom Classic, and in my classic catalog the photos are stored as originals, but in CC they're stored as Smart Previews. It's working really well as it's saving a lot of space, and the photos I sync with CC don't need to be full size as they're only for social media. The problem is I have older photos in CC that I would like to change from being stored in CC as the original, to just being stored as Smart Previews. I don't need the full original file stored in CC. Is there a way to change the way they're backed up in CC so that they are just Smart Previews?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  short answer is no. That would be Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you have sync turned on, you could delete the Orignals from the Cloud (as these should have synced back to Classic with their edits - best to check).

Then you could re-sync these as Smart Previews via a Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines