• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling to sync IOS (iPad) Lightroom images with my new laptop (windows 10).

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've bought a new laptop running Windows 10 and have installed Lightroom. I had previously been using an IPad and can't figure out how to sync my images with my new laptop. Surely I don't have to put all the images into a file and email them across or something......do I?!

thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the iPad, were you using the free version or did you have a subscription. If you have a subscription all your iPad images should already be in the cloud (tap on the Cloud icon on the main Lightroom screen to verify that it's saying "Synced and Backed Up"). If that's all OK, next question is which Lightroom app are you running on the laptop: Lightroom Classic or the cloud-based Lightroom? If the latter, you only need to start the app after signing into the Creative Cloud desktop app using the same subscription credentials as the iPad was using....Lightroom will automatically sync with the cloud and download previews for all the synced images.

If you're using Lightroom Classic instead, you need to enable syncing (click on the Cloud icon top right to start syncing). Once that's done all synced images in the cloud will automatically download to your hard drive (before starting, you might want to setup the location for those downloaded images via the Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab as the default location is on your system drive).

If you were using the free version of Lightroom mobile on the iPad, you'll need to convert that to the full version by signing in using the subscription credentials, after which the app should start uploading the images to the cloud, and from there they should download into the Lightroom app on the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, thanks a lot for a comprehensive reply. I will have a look when I get back in front of the computer. I have a subscription and it says that it's backed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I e signed into creative cloud, and it says it's synced and up to date, but still hasn't got my images from the app on the iPad. 

the iPad and iPhone apps say that they're currently 'syncing' but there's no sign of that finishing anytime soon. 

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. 

image.jpg

A09A63B2-6E1B-4238-BD98-A212BB38FC0B.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that first screenshot is from your phone or iPad, it thinks you're still running a trial version. Try signing out and back in again, using the same credentials as used on the desktop app, to see if that kicks things into life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines