Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync discrepancy between LR CC & Classic - originals missing from cloud

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm having some issues getting Lightroom CC and Classic to play nice with one another. Lightroom Classic shows that all my photos are synced and up-to-date (notice all count = all synced count - 1461):

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 6.55.22 PM.png

However, this does not match the behavior in Lightroom CC. If I filter down to "Sync Status: Synced from Lightroom Classic" (they were not; in fact I'm positive I added these in Lightroom CC) it shows me a bunch of photos with the hashed circle status:

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 6.57.39 PM.png

On this page, it says that this means there is no original synced to the cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/organize-photos.html#view-photo-metadata

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 6.58.28 PM.png

What could be going on here? How do I get the two apps back in sync?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr-Classic never 'syncs' full-size files up to Lightroom mobile versions! (and maybe never will unless more request it at- Photoshop Lightroom Family  )

The photos you have in Classic synced Collections only have 'Smart Previews' sent to the Cloud. And these are limited to a long-edge dimension of 2560 pixels, and they do not occupy any of your Cloud space.

Only the photo original files you import into a Lr-mobile device will be full-size in the Cloud- and they do occupy Cloud space.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WobertC – that's incorrect. It's possible to sync full-size photos to the cloud from Classic.

See these pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html

I have an "Everything" collection set up in Classic and set to sync (note the photo count = library count and the bidirectional arrow, so everything should be in sync:

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 12.17.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two articles you link to are misleading because they do not explain what is really happening. When you sync Classic to Lightroom (cloud) only smart previews are uploaded to the cloud. Any edits done to the smart preview with Lightroom, or Lightroom mobile will sync back to Classic.

Go to Lightroom on the web to see exactly what images have successfully synced at lightroom.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there has been a Classic Version upgrade (9.2) that I do not know about- then I stand firm that Lr-Classic will only 'Sync' Smart Preview "Proxy" images of 2560 pixels.

Lightroom (-CC Cloud version on a Desktop) will Import Full-size to Cloud storage, but not Classic.

Although your linked articles do not specifically state that Classic syncs smart previews, it can be proven-

From the Lightroom-Mobile Help PDF:

ScreenShot001.jpg

And although Lightroom (-CC Cloud version) will show the dimensions of the original full-size file- you cannot Export or Edit in Photoshop as a Full-size file.

ScreenShot004.jpg   ScreenShot005.jpg

And if you do manage to export from Lightroom (-CC Cloud version or Mobile) you can only get a 2560pixel image!

ScreenShot006.jpg

You will see your Classic-Collection files synced to the Cloud but try an Export from Lr-Mobile or an Edit-in-Photoshop and post your result.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines