• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update problem.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need some help with updating Lightroom. I've been using an older version attached to my Canon 6D kit, but after switching to 6D mkII I can't open RAW files. I know I need an update, but every time I try to do it, I am asked to pay for it. Why should I if I had already got a legal version on a CD?

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates are only free within the same version. If you have Lightroom 5 but the support of your mark II just comes with Lightroom 6 you switching the version and than updates are nolonger free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a lousy way to treat customers. Did they do the same with 5D mkII, III, and IV? Using the same brand, and not being able to even browse files is irritating and sick. I didn't ask for an update... I'd gladly use my older version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can try to do is using Adobe DNG converter. It converts your CR2 into a DNG (without any lost of quality). DNG is standardized and may be supported by your version of lightroom. https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6741

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip. I will try it later. Anyway, it is strange they don’t allow updates between different versions of the same utility, but they provide a free one to change formats for older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest that is quite standart in the software industrie. What is more frustrating is that the new version is subscription only where you "rent" lightroom on a monthly base. The CD version you are having is no longer existing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is why I am not going to get rid of it. I’ve just downloaded the DNG, and it seems to be ok. I’ve converted some files and the Lightroom opens them. Thanks a lot. 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines