• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which metadata fields are transportable when the image is moved out of Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unclear which metadata fields stick with the image wherever it is used and which are only useful in Adobe products (I have just started using Lightroom CC) - the fields that were populated on import have come from the camera - am I adding titles, captions, locations, keywords and stars into fields that will be exportable with the image in the future? What happens if Adobe no longer exists? Is there something I need to do to save my manually added metadata in a format that will be preserved with the image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

You can save out a copy of the original (raw) file with an XMP sidecar containing any ratings, metadata you apply in the Info Panel, Keywords, and develop settings. Your metadata will be readable in all applications that support the IPTC standard.

JPEGS will have the develop settings applied when you save the photo. Any ratings, metadata you apply in the Info Panel, Keywords will be embedded within the JPEG. Again, the metadata can be read by applications that support the IPTC standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can save out a copy of the original (raw) file with an XMP sidecar containing any ratings, metadata you apply in the Info Panel, Keywords, and develop settings. Your metadata will be readable in all applications that support the IPTC standard.

JPEGS will have the develop settings applied when you save the photo. Any ratings, metadata you apply in the Info Panel, Keywords will be embedded within the JPEG. Again, the metadata can be read by applications that support the IPTC standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines