Highlighted

Whitespace created after scaling or using Geometry tools

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I use the scaling tool to shrink an image, there is whitespace created around the image.

The issue I have is that the color of the area is white.  Is there any way to change the color of the surrounding area of an image after using the geometry tools?

Seems like it cannot be changed from white.  Right now I am opening the image in Photoshop and adding black to the surrounding background area.  I would rather change a setting in Lightroom so if I use any of the geometry tools and whitespace is added, I can change the color.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Whitespace created after scaling or using Geometry tools

New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I use the scaling tool to shrink an image, there is whitespace created around the image.

The issue I have is that the color of the area is white.  Is there any way to change the color of the surrounding area of an image after using the geometry tools?

Seems like it cannot be changed from white.  Right now I am opening the image in Photoshop and adding black to the surrounding background area.  I would rather change a setting in Lightroom so if I use any of the geometry tools and whitespace is added, I can change the color.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK White is the only option.

Lightroom does not 'understand' an image where pixels do not exist. In the same way a JPG file will render transparency (in a PNG file) as 'white' in the JPG.

If you are going to Photoshop- also try the 'Content Aware Fill'. It can do some remarkable stuff!

ScreenShot236.jpgScreenShot237.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0