• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe has just shifted its focus:

"Forget Photoshop, Adobes fastest growing business is marketing"

Adobe's fastest-growing business is not Photoshop

We designers helped the company grow

Now we can go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ris11, I just took a look at that article, we are completely unimportant and I can see where we don't fit in. They should give the program away if they're going to Dispose of it's use. Horrible, cold, heartless people at the top. They can do something to help, but they don't and prob won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Point

We can wait and hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how many people remember life before Photoshop and Adobe for that matter. When Photoshop v1 was released it was laughed at by then leader in image editing, if I remember correctly it was called Color Studio. The pompous attitude of those developers (along with Adobe's focus to listen to what their customers wanted), caused Color Studio to become a unknown relic within a few years. Aldus Page Maker suffered the same when they too turned their bloated heads away from the customers needs and Quark quickly became the new leader ... that is until they too got too cocky for their britches and Adobe stepped in and up with InDesign.

I've owned a ton of Adobe stock since the late 90's and have enjoyed it rise from $8 a share to $230 on Monday (that was a $15 bump in the stock just before or just after they made the Muse announcement), and of course now it is in free-fall today last I checked it was just under $214.

I have taught Photoshop and other Adobe applications at the college level since the early 90"s. Since Muse was released I have created and managed a number of sites for clients and now I'm more than angry at Adobe. I recently entered into "pre-retirement" and have no intention of learning a new app, and quite frankly seriously considering to sell all of my Adobe stock to something else I can have faith in.

Adobe, don't let your head get so big as to forget how you got where you are today. Another person posted that the future of ANY product you release from today forward will be scared by this decision. Good luck convincing customers to invest in anything new you develope. I'm sure your core applications will be supported by the community ... at least until some new developer comes along to kick your A$$.

It's a sad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are. The problem is that we on the forum do not make decisions..we facilitate and answer questions and upset with all of the users!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 23 years of using Adobe products almost exclusively for print and web design, I have never seen this company act so disrespectfully and cavalierly towards its users. I have spent thousands of hours designing Muse sites for my clients and now that investment is worthless. I'm infuriated. I truly wish I wasn't an expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat, because if I wasn't, I would quit Adobe in a heartbeat. I've made a 23-year investment in Adobe and their products, and by discontinuing Muse without a care for me and my livelihood, they have thrown me away like last day's garbage. Ending Adobe Muse and Business Catalyst is unforgivable. ADOBE, YOU SUCK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely! I've worked with Adobe products since they first came out and have taught at a college level many of the programs. I always told my students to always choose and trust Adobe products. This is unforgivable, unprofessional and wrong. I wish there was a forum other than Adobe to express our disgust and maybe we could get them to reverse this decision. Maybe we should start a facebook group for Muse users! What do you all think? Twitter? I don't tweet myself but what would get their attention?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a FB group for Muse users. Let's all post in as many public forums as possible and ask them to reconsider!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's the regular Muse site, I've already posted my sentiments. This is emotionally upsetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ditch Adobe entirely.  Affinity had developed a suite of apps that are easy to learn, and are completely viable alternatives.  And they are nice and trustworthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed Adobe will be discontinuing Muse. I've been a user of Muse for several years now and have built and maintain many websites built on Muse. I thought I could depend on Adobe but unfortunately I see this is not the case. I do feel you are abandoning your clientele without even offering a comparable alternative. It's a real shame. I am again VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of ALL Adobe products and go with other alternatives where business decisions are with customers in mind. Is Adobe not aware there are other great alternatives to much of their products? I'm trying to come up with a way to explain this to all my customers and wondering how many I will lose...Not a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sittingbull, I, too, am trying to figure how best to explain this to my customers. I am holding back to see if there's another app that's wysiwyg. I think webflow might be too costly. Muse themes is coming up with WOcode and I will look into Wordpress. This is nothing short of a disaster for so, so many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry if I missed reading something in the previous comments - does this mean that Adobe will make the Creative Suite subscription rate cheaper as we are losing Muse and Business Catalyst? If so, when does this take affect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i suspect they will expect you to still pay for it in terms that if you don't have a CC subscription it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to keep the subscription for now.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE SUMMIT 2018
LAS VEGAS NEVADA...

no one is even listening...

shame on you Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, guess you got a nice multimedia all inclusive upgrade for us...

but ...

...please

(sigh)

Learn to communicate.

You make living with marketing for pete sake!.

Don`t remove what a customer has before handing over alternatives.

it's business 101.

It signaling you don`t care about the people you buy your stuff...

You wouldn`t have to change your plans..  but first give, then take.

Do not be so corporate/arrogant/ignorant.

Your business is with people.

And we do not like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran, I have a monthly subscription for Muse CC.

Can I cancel this subscription?

What happens if I do not longer pay?

Will MUSE still work?

Thanks for your kind answer.

Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cancel your subscription by contacting Customer Care Contact Customer Care

After you cancel your subscription, you will no longer be able to use Adobe Muse. I am not the expert however, and you may want to double-check on the CC download and install forum. Creative Cloud Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, I'm sorry but no one wants this, so no one really wants to cancel their subscription, they want to be heard by Adobe and from what I'm reading there is a real need for Adobe to reconsider this abrupt decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hellp from germany,

Please excuse my English.

I am also a graphic designer and also a musician. I'm a creative artist, I'm not a programmer and at the age of 50 and two jobs just do not have the time to deal with coding, especially since English is not my mother tongue, and that does not make learning new programs that much easier. MUSE was the missing link, though not perfect. Now, Muse is dead.

Also I have to look what I do with my website and those of my clients. At the moment I do not know what to tell my clients.

The our problem is that we will not get the answers from Adobe ...

1. In all speculations - the user community will not be big enough so Adobe is interested. Adobe we have looked closely, whether the business with "Muse" is worthwhile.

2. If we were as many as the Photoshop community, we would probably have a better stand.

3. As long as we buy (rent) Adobe products, so as long as money flows into the coffers of adobe, adobe can afford to pay for us until some catastrophic behavior. It took me a long time to get involved with Adobe's subscription system - I subscribed because of Muse. I was happy for a brief time. Now I regret it.

I think you have to focus on the future, means not on Adobe:

I am not a programmer, and rely on them, and I hope we find a replacement for Muse. I hope that companies like MuseThemes or MuseGrid, who also will now have existential questions, will take on the issue, and thus see a chance to find tother with us ex-musers solutions for website design without coding with creative aspiration. It would be nice to show Adobe, that the d@ecision was not clever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick, your English is stellar! Much better than my non existent German. 😉

This--->  I think you have to focus on the future, means not on Adobe:

This is where I am, Muse was the last thing I subscribe to from Adobe. As soon as I get settled somewhere else, like Webflow or WOcode, then I will be Adobe 'free'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines