• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable transform confirmation? [beta]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I changed but now everytime I resize an image it asks me to confirm with cancel/done. How can I disable this?

I have Show Tranform Controls enabled. When I click on the image and resize , it asks me to confirm by choosing cancel or done. How can I diable this behaviour?

["beta" added to subject after OP mentioned it]

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alberto31584326a3yp this has not changed. Every time you transform you need to accept or cancel your changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can confirm by double clicking inside the transform box or by single clicking away from the transform box, you will see the cursor change when you reach sufficient distance way.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I may not have expressed my problem well. Can you try to reproduce and let me know what happens with yours? Click on Free tranform (I don't need as I have "Show Tranform Controls" enabled, then resize, and then resize. Are you saying you have to confirm betweens the resizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, Thanks for your answer, but I believe I may not have explained well what my problem is.C an you try to reproduce and let me know what happens with yours? On an image, click on Free tranform (I don't need as I have "Show Tranform Controls" enabled), then resize, and then resize. Everything I resize I get a cancel/done to confirm. So, if I try to resize an image to fit in a specific space and for that I have to resize multiple times, then I have to confirm multiple times. I see I can attached a movie let me try to post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't see that. I get the option, in the options bar to cancel or confirm but don't have to click either of them.

Provided I don't click away or double click inside the transform box then I can continue to grab handles and adjust as many times as I like until happy. At that point I can confirm or cancel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is helpful. I see what you mean, if you mean the new bar below the image with Cancel and Done.

It is the new Contextual Task Bar, but you are not required to use it. It is just an option, adding to your other confirmation options. To explain what’s changed: In the past you could confirm a transformation in any of the following ways, and you only have to do one of them:

• Click the check mark icon in the options bar. 
  • Move the pointer outside the transformation bounding box until it appears as an arrow, then click. 
  • Press the Enter key. 

The only difference today is you have one more option, so now you can:

• Click the check mark icon in the options bar. 
  • Move the pointer outside the transformation bounding box until it appears as an arrow, then click. 
  • Press the Enter key. 
  • Click Done in the Contextual Task Bar. 

So the only change is, you used to have three confirmation options, and now you have four. You do not have to do anything different unless you want to. You can ignore the Contextual Task Bar and continue to confirm as you always have, using one of the other options. For example, if you always clicked away from the transformation box, just keep doing that. The Contextual Task Bar will then change to represent the new context. Because it is not a modal dialog box that blocks further steps. It’s just an option.

The advantage of the Contextual Task Bar is that because it floats near the selection, it is now the closest way to confirm. You don’t have to move the mouse further away to click, or all the way up to the options bar to click the check mark, and you don’t have to reach for the keyboard. So for some people, the Contextual Task Bar offers more immediate access to relevant options.

If Contextual Task Bar really bugs you and you don’t find it useful, choose Window > Contextual Task Bar to hide it. But it does streamline some tasks such as masking, and is the easiest way to use Generative Fill, so maybe try it out for a while before you hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Conrad C , Thank you very much for your answer. I find the contextual task to be very useful, however the Cancel/Done is modal, and that preventys me from resizing, and clicking off the image also does do anything. Let me try to record another video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be an unintentional oversight or bug in the photoshop beta 23.2/3 probably related to this confirmed bug.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-photoshop-beta-bug-free-transform-and-transform...

The issue is that one can only do one transformation step at a time without having to

confirm, which cannot be the intended method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disable the Context Bar, but I still need to confirm every time I resize. BTW I forgot to mention I am using PSD Beta

transform-confirmation-2.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'BTW I forgot to mention I am using PSD Beta'

Ah that makes a difference !  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I am not using the beta. But, I still see a problem, even though I am able to do most of it. In the demo below, in the release version of 25.1, you can see that even though the Contextual Task Bar says Cancel and Done, nothing stops me from continuing to resize, rotate, and move with the bounding box.

I do see a problem with confirming by clicking, though. It looks like I have to move the pointer much further away from the bounding box than I would expect, before the pointer changes to the normal arrow which will let me confirm by clicking. But if I can get it far enough away, clicking does confirm. At the end you see that I had to zoom out to click far enough away, but having to go so far away seems like a bug. At no time during this demo did I click Cancel or Done in the Contextual Task Bar.

Photoshop 25.1 Free Transform Contextual Task Bar confirm.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to disable this frustrating button confirmation transformation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what setting causes the Move tool to require you to Commit changes if you resize before allowing you to move again? I drag a corner to resize the image and cannot then move the image until I commit the resize. It's an extra step that wasn't required before I installed the Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Help actually answered this one for me!  Go to: Window>Contextual Task Bar and deselect it. Solved!

Suzanne5CD1_0-1716931028348.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention I am using PSD Beta

By @Alberto31584326a3yp

Moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Beta. What (exact) version are you using?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate