• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Artboards can no longer be edited

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit dem Update der Beta-Version heute, am 21.08.2023 kann ich in dem Ebenenfenster Zeichenflächen nicht mehr auf- und zuklappen. Ein Klick auf das kleine Pfeilsymbol neben dem Namen der Zeichenfläche hat keine Funktion mehr. Das ist auch nach einem Neustart des Computers noch so.

(OS: Windows 11 Version 22H2 für x64-basierte Systeme)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.0 (public release), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Fixed in today's 25.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Anyone can help me here? After updating my PS  Beta to 25.0 it seems I cannot expand or collapse my artboard. I tried reinstalling and also resetting the preference and still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here, very annoying. Only way to see explore layers is by clicking the layer on canvas.
I noticed this same error in the previous version of PS Beta, but not all the time as in this version.

For my needs, It's just useless... reinstalling now PS Beta 24.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that the Generative Fill only works with the latest update installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop Beta this morning and didn't realize that it auto-updated to v25.0.

When trying to open groups/folders or move layers around they were stuck so I figured I should revert back to the v24.0 version but Adobe Creative Cloud doesn't give the option to roll back. Normally when you are on CC there should be three dots that open up to show "Other versions" but that's not available for Photoshop Beta.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the artboard group can be open or close

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open the group of an artboard, and only in the Beta version, it won't let me open the grouped layers for any artboard. I opened the same file in regular and Beta PS and it works fine in regular, but just simply won't respond to any clicking in the Beta version. Everything else about Beta seems to be working fine. Hoping I'm not the only one with this issue and it will be resolved soon as I like to use the Generative Tool in Beta more. Screenshot 2023-08-18 175718.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating PS beta to 25.0.0 artboards no longer toggle to view contents. Non-beta PS works as expected. Sending a GIF of this issue. PS beta settings and preferences have been reset but the problem persists. This feature worked previously before last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found that if you click and drag with the pointer as if you're highlighting or selecting multiple layers, then drag it over your artboard, it will expand the artboard in the layers panel and show the selected layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, i have 66 artboard, if i click 1 artboard to edit it will expand the artboard but if all expand i scroll down very far because can't collapsing again

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboard Dropdown Not Working in Photoshop Beta, Please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! So anoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot to illustrate the issue and provide us with clue which drop down you are referring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop (Beta) v 25.0, Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, Version 10.0.22621

Problem occurs upon opening existing file, artboard layers are not responding when selected. Layers within the artboard seem to work as normal, but the artboard layers themselves are not expanding or closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the new update for photoshop beta V.25 i can't open or close any artboard in layers window ..

the little arrow is freeze didn't respond to any action please fix ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. They've updated, fixed the Select & Mask brush circle not showing and now this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fixed, but now we have a problem expanding or collapsing artboards. Another topic was created. Here we go

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the 'collapse artboard' arrow in the layers panel (Next to the eye on the artboard layer) doesn't seem to work after the latest update. I opened the file in the non-beta version of Photoshop and it worked just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAN`T OPEN ARTBOARD!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ritmo5FDB please share your workflow or what errors or issues you are seeing? Are you on the latest Ps bet: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230817.m.2290 15dfc21 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same Issue. Major pain for files where I've created a bunch of different artboards, and I can't open/close them in the right panel to work with an individual artboard and its layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We see the same thing and will pass it on to the team.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, the struggle is real - happy to ya'll are on it! I've got like 250+ layers and 4 artboards... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody else confirm that the latest Photoshop Beta update (from maybe three days ago) broke Artboards?

The issue I am having is that I'm trying to expand (or collapse) the the layers from the top-level Artboard dropdown arrow. They don't respond. This has caused me to loose access to whole collapsed artboards through this method.

Workaround: right click on an item in the actual artbord in the workspace to select it, and then the menu expands on the right.

Individual folders don't have this issue...just the top-level artboards.

Thanks for looking into this.

- Danny

Votes

Translate

Translate