Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experiencing Problems with Content Credentials (Beta) in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use the content credentials (beta) feature, and experiencing some problems...!

I am using photoshop version 23.4.1 on my laptop. Graphic processor is compatible. 

The operating system is Windows 10 64-bit.

1. "Content Credentials (Beta)" only appears (both under "Preferences>History & Content Credentials" and "Windows") when I reset the preferences. Once I close and re-open photoshop, it is gone. It does not save with the workspace as well.

2. When I tried to use the feature when it was there, I was able to connect and view my SNS profiles and wallets. However, I could not attach content credentials to image files since there was no content credentials option in the "Export As" window.

3. History & Content Credentials > "Content Credentials (Beta)" enable checkbox does not stay checked. Whenever I move tabs under preferences or click "OK" and close the preferences window, the enable box is unchecked again.

If anybody knows about this problem, please help!

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LilySoo C. 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm going to forward this on to our engineers and we'll look into it. Stay tuned for an update on fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I will stay tuned..! Great feature, so hope there's one soon 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LilySoo C. 

Two potential explanations:
1) We shipped a quick fix in Photoshop that may have caused mismatched versions. If this is the case, a complete close out of Photoshop and CC Home and then upgrading your Photoshop version should fix.
2) If you are on an Education plan (i.e. your email that you sign into Adobe with ends with ".edu"), we are currently unable to attach Content Credentials. If this is the case, there is ongoing work to enable Education plans, but we don't have a timetable to share yet.

Best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thank you for your advice!

Sadly, the first solution did not work, and I am not on an Education plan.

I tried using version 23.2.2, the one right before, and content credentials (beta) feature works--the feature stays on and the credentials attach. 

So as of now, I am using 23.2.2 while waiting for an update after version 23.4.1..!

Thanks once more 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same exact thing is happening to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same issue, even with the new 23.5 Photoshop version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So. This morning I did the last update. Now, Photoshop is 23.5... and this is my Content Credential setup area:

Immagine 2022-09-14 111739.png

I tried to reset preferences. The Content Credential voice appeared. If I check the checkbox, then I click on OK button, then I return here, the Content Credential checkbox is not checked. 

I tried to exit and enter in my Creative Cloud account... no way: even the same issue.

So I manually deleted the Photoshop presets folder, but got the same results: the Content Credentials is not usable.

I think that content credentials is a great tool, but I'd like it to work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines