• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From lightroom, how do I choose to open using normal or beta photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community. Newbie here. Just wanted to ask, how do I choose which photoshop (normal or beta) to open from lightroom? or I have to launch the desired photoshop first then lightroom will use the currently active photoshop (is the default normal?).

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @azmil77 thank you for the questions, all are welcome here!

Currently, if you want to open a file from Lr in Ps, it will open the most current version of Ps which would be the Beta.  That is not to say that down the road this workflow won't change, but that is how things work now.

It is possible to create a preset in Lr that uses Ps vs Beta, so if you wanted you could force Lr to open in Ps and not beta Ps, but that is up to you.

Hope that helps,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Groan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its May 2023 now, 6 months gone Sir !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution is to have "Regular" PS already running in the background, then the image will open there instead of the Beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me. LR keeps opening up in PS Beta even if PS regular is running and Beta not. Can't even change it in the preferences under File Handling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, the way I fixed it was... I uninstalled regular Photoshop. Downloaded the beta, and then I redownload Photoshop 2023. It seems to have worked for now. If it changes I will let you know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM HAVING THE OPPOSITE ISSUE. I WANT THEM TO OPEN IN BETA FROM LIGHT ROOM  BUT THEY WONT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I want too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

Comment repasser à la version classique de photoshop après avoir installé la version beta ?

Depuis Lightroom, est-il possible de choisir entre les 2 versions dans "Modifier dans photoshop", si oui, comment ? Si non, comment remettre photoshop classique dans Lightroom ?

Merci.

Bonne soirée à la communauté.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis que j'ai installé photoshop bêta, les photos que j'exporte depuis lightroom à photoshop 2023 vont s'ouvrir dans photoshop bêta. J'ai sésinstallé photoshop bêta et je ne peux plus exporter mes photos dans adobe photoshop 2023.

Si vous pouvez m'aider... merci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chantal Maurencia change the preferred application for opening the files. Go to your Finder or Windows Explorer, find an image file and get info/properties. Change the application to open the file from Beta to 2023. Apply to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a workflow with Lightroom Classic and Photoshop Beta? I can't seem to connect the two.

For example, if I needed to photoshop an image, I would select the images in Lightroom, "edit with Lightroom adjustments", command E (I'm on a Mac) the lightroom would make a digital copy of the images that I could photoshop. Save the Photoshop image, then Lightroom would have a copy of the image photoshopped.

I would LOVE to use the Photoshop Beta Generative Fill tool, but have Lightroom also make a copy of the Photoshop Beta image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed original Photoshop "PhotoshopOriginal"

Then in LR CC Classic preferences, I set the external edit to "PhotoshopOriginal"

Now I have the option of which one I want to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOR WINDOWS:
The latest version of beta (25.0.0 20230727) seems be loading as "Photoshop 2024" and confusing LR on opening PS from the 'Edit in Photoshop' command from LR Classic.  
Photoshop Beta's .exe file is the same as the current release version. This confuses LR Classic in opening the correct version of Photoshop along with target exported image(s) from LR. The solution is to rename Photoshop Beta's .exe file to something different than the general release, e.g. rename 'Photoshop.exe' to 'Photoshopbeta.exe' or somethng simliar.   

I already made the interations in my screenshot, hence why the Edit in Photoshop is greyed out. Before, it stated Photoshop 2024 with no other options- opposite of what Mac users are reporting in this thread and others.  

BTSPhoto_0-1690839903232.pngBTSPhoto_1-1690839913081.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, you saved my day (week)!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines