Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative expand issue

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

After the latest update, generative expand seems to behave poorly - the transition between the original shot and the AI expanded areas is very pronounced and doesn't look good at all.
I haven't experienced this with previou versions which were prefect.
Has anybody else experienced this ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! same for me 😕 I tried to reinstal but nothing... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that the main issue is with the masking it creates for the generated layer - 
Try modifying  ( adding more of the original boundaries )  it and the results are much better 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! Works like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing my photo in generative fill since 2 days, it was working good but now it's crashed and unable to zoom in and out. Please fix this bug as soon as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing the problem. The borders don't match, there's visible line going through the image where the background is expanded. Really frustrating, since it worked perfectly before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try what I've suggested - edit the masking of the generated filer - expand some more - it gives me better results this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just feels so stupid to use more time fixing the errors of the feature which worked perfectly before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree .. just suggesting a workaround till they fix it- 
You can't even go back to previous version - generative AI is blocked there now ... I tried it  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice! I contacted the support team and they confirmed it's a bug in a new update of Beta. The customer service informed that they do updates once in a month, so we probably have to wait til September until this is fixed. Who knows how many weeks it will take... I guess it's back to old and slow editing, this feature was so good until it lasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.   Reverting back to the previous version is no solution as they disabled the AI when you roll back 😞 .  Big bummer as this tool (although in Beta) is a huge help to clean up photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to revert to 25.0 and generative fill is function for me, but same problem with edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggeated the bug manifests as a poor mask created when using the gen expand function of the crop tool. A workaround is just do the process manually which yields a seemless result. On the crop tool toolbar change from gen expand to translucent. Use the crop tool to expand the image. Select the transparent area including a bit of the image and use gen fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. It used to work like a charm anytime in regular Photoshop and do an larger crop. But now when it expands there is a visible seam. any fix on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well.  I can get it to not leave a hard line by manually cropping and filling but I still get a criss cross pattern underlayed in all the generated areas, it makes it unusable and i can't really find a way to make it go away.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. It's virtually unusable as is without major re-works and the image quality (detail, resolution, sharpness) between the original and generated part are huuuuuge. It's ok for playing around, but not ready for prime time yet (Photoshop version 25.3.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is Adobe charging people so much for apps and AI that ae completely WASTING OUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THESE MONTHS AND STILL NO FIX or NO BOYCOTT and MASS DELETION OF THIS BS?????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't believe this is still not fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines