• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Fill produces blurry results

Explorer ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I'm trying out the new generative fill feature that uses artificial intelligence, and it's truly impressive! However, I'm currently experiencing an issue, and I'm not sure if it requires specific settings or if it's a problem that still needs to be resolved since it's in beta. The problem I'm facing is that when I generate an AI-assisted edit, the resulting image is blurry and unusable. I'm attaching an example here. In this case, I enlarged the original image and had the AI reconstruct parts of the background that didn't exist. If you zoom in, you'll notice the clear difference between the original photo and the reconstructed part. Am I doing something wrong with the settings? Please let me know. Thank you.

I am using a Macbook Pro M1 Max

Mac Os 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

AI is limited to resolution of 1024x1024, Meaning it will not generate clear results if your image is bigger than that (There is a workaround thought)

Please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJ0KjT4Xds

This will fix your issue most likely 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI is limited to resolution of 1024x1024, Meaning it will not generate clear results if your image is bigger than that (There is a workaround thought)

Please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJ0KjT4Xds

This will fix your issue most likely 🙂

The new Generative Fill in the Photoshop Beta is incredible. But unfortunately, it outputs images that are 1024px on the longer side. Then it stretches them out over larger areas which can cause pixelation. In this video, you will learn how to keep your generated images as sharp as possible! Like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how this will be addressed if and when the feature gets a general release; the transmission of the data for images larger than 1024px x 1024px to and from the Adobe servers seems like a possibly lasting bottleneck … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I installed version 25 of Photoshop with generative fill officially open for commercial use.

Still the generated images are blurry and of low resolution. Not really of any use...

So when is there gonna be high resolution support coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The much advertised Photoshop AI is simply bad. The results are unusable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The much advertised Photoshop AI is simply bad. The results are unusable for me.

By @A.Britt

We can help you fix that if you like.  Tell us where you are having difficulty, and we'll show how.

In fact, if you just check out The Photoshop Training Channel, and Photoshop Cafe YouTube channels, and search them for Generative Fill, I think you'll be golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a specific site? If it is a work-around, it is still dissapointing..  I've been with PS for decades. The AI is not up to Adobe standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need not use the feature if it does not meet your expectations. 

Otherwise you can provide feeback to help improve it, but whether it will ever live up to your standards seems unclear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Agree, its really bad, at first glance some of the results can seem impressive, but just zoom in a little and it is clearly a very bad low resolution solution that doesn't blen well with the original image. Absolutley no use to print designers as it stands. Lets hope that Adobe either drop the price of the subscription to match the poor quality or wait until they have improved it and then releas a better version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same problem, its just bad. If we are all going to have to go back and fix the problems that AI have created, then really, what is the point in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I don't understand. Is it a Photoshop problem or is the procedure I'm using incorrect? I followed the video perfectly but the generated images are blurry and of low resolution.Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide meaningful information; what are the image’s pixel dimensions, what were the Selections pixel dimensions, …? 

Generative Fill creates a 2000px x 2000px images and upsamples that if necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image has a resolution of approximately 3450x2800. I increased the width of the image by 1014px and the selection measured 1024px x 1024px. I also tried with 900px solutions but the result was the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Info, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course. the image has a resolution of approximately 3450x1450. I post the screenshots.Cattura_2.JPGCattura_1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to get a (slightly) better result with a small Selection. 

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 17.46.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. It is happening to me as well and apparently to countless other people as a simple search "Generative Fill Photoshop blurry images" would demostrate. I use large images 6000x4000 8bit 300 dpi  RGB mode. Usually I extend using the crop tool with Generative Fill to about 8400x5600 and I experience the same atrocious results.  On screen at 100% seems to be fine but once printed at about 1 meters away from the print one can clearly see the distinction between AI generated vs original photo.  Although a pretty good tool for amateurish results, I guess we are not there yet. I am afraid Adobe may be victim of degradation of the original software development "philosophy" RERO (Release Early Release Often) or Continuous Deployment or Rapid Deployment, which it states if it's good enough release it. Don't forget they need to keep share holders interested and prove that they have not missed the AI bandwagon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you expand the canvas in one go you will get a 2000px x 2000px image upsampled to the final size (8400px x 5600px). 

One can work-around that by extending in smaller sections (smaller than 2000px in either direction). 

Of course this can be cumbersome and whether the result meets one’s expectations is another question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines