• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent Type Tool issue: Momentary Selection

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are times when I'll be working on an image and press the shortcut key to select the Type tool, but the tool only stays active as long as I'm holding the T key. When I let it go, Photoshop reverts to the previous tool I was using, so in my experience, there are times when the Type tool acts as a momentary selection, which is *EXTREMELY* frustrating. I'm using version 24.7.0. 

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

I resolved the issue. Apparently, it is 100% related to the font I was using: Acumin Variable Concept

When I switched fonts, selecting the Type tool worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J.C. Scott, are you only experiencing this issue in the Beta version of Photoshop? Can you test in the non-beta version as well? 

If only happening in the beta version, I suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the beta app.

Thank you!

Caity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue didn't start directly after updating to the latest version. It just started happening a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved the issue. Apparently, it is 100% related to the font I was using: Acumin Variable Concept

When I switched fonts, selecting the Type tool worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines