Multi-Image Content-Aware Fill in Beta for Photoshop Desktop

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever wanted to use a second image to complete your photo AND let Photoshop do the matching and blending?   Our Beta version of Content-Aware Fill can sample pixels from a second similar image. 
Check out the details here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/multi-image-content-aware-fill.html

Multi-ImageContent-Aware Fill in Action
In the example below, the person in the original image (left) was removed and the unique shape of the lake was preserved by using a second image (inset).  The in-panel color controls were used to help make the final match (right).mcaf-still copy 2.png

Complete What's Missing 
In another example, the top of the building didn't make it into the frame (left) so we added some canvas to the image, then used Multi-Image Content-Aware Fill to complete the dome from another photo (inset). The result is nearly flawless (right).
backpacker.png
Get Aligned
Sometimes the fill result can be improved by identifying corresponding points between the main image and the additional image. Use the Alignment tool to identify these points.
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 1.56.00 AM.png.    Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 1.55.48 AM.png

These are some of our shining examples - now it's your turn!

Did it work for you?
Why or why not?

We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The MiCAF Team

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very pleased to see Multi-image Content-Aware Fill hopefully being added to Photoshop! Just saw Colin Smith's video on it, downloaded the beta, and gave it a twirl. It removed a person in an image that was in front of a complex background with buildings, shadows, and lots of different textures and colors in seconds that took me about an hour to do yesterday using conventional Ps tools and looked much better than my efforts. I hope y'all can get this working prime time for the next Ps version. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the Photoshop Beta but Multi Image Content was not available, just Restoration. I am using the most current version of photoshop. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines