• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (Beta) issues

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop Beta a few days ago to restored a photo. But I came across a few issues:

1. I could not use Photoshop Beta alongside the Released (regular) version of photoshop - it was either one or the other, and once I downloaded Beta the only way I could return to released PS was to uninstall the Beta version.

2. I like some of the new features, but it really slowed down my PC!

3. I save files as TIFFs to print, using Professional Print & Layout software, but after saving files from PS Beta as TIFFs I found I could not drop them into Professional Print & Layout. Any Tiff files that had been saved using the Released version of Photoshop caused no problems, so I am presuming this is a bug with the BETA version.

Disappointed I had to uninstall the Beta App, because I was interested in a lof of the new features, but as I said I could not keep both, so beta had to go!

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michelle Mary2807,

Thanks for posting the issues you're seeing with Photoshop beta.

You're right that Windows does not allow the two versions of Photoshop to be open at the same time. You'll need to close Released version of Photoshop in order to open the Beta and visa versa. 

Regarding Tiffs saved from Beta. What happened when you tried to add them? 

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete, Thanks for getting back to me,
When I tried to add Tiffs saved from Beta nothing happened! I was dragging them in from Bridge to Professional Print & Layout, but they just didn't appear! Had to use JPEGs instead. I have now uninstalled the Beta Version and have gone back to using the released version of PS - with no problems!
Kind Regards, Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble Michelle. Strange you weren't able to open Tiffs. 

We'll have another build out this week, hopefully you'll give that one a try with your Tiff files.

Would be curious if you used File > Open on these Tiffs if they'd open that way?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download most recent of update of Photoshop Beta and found I could no longer export files for editing to either versions of Photoshop. I deleted the Beta version and regular version of Photoshop. Then reinstalled Photoshop and things are now working as before. I am afraid to reinstall the Beta version. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these were images from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here... pretty frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines