• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save & Open File Windows Window Will Not Minimize or Change Size

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the window appears to save or open a file, I am unable to resize or minimize the window. It takes up neaerly the whole display without an ability to change its size like you can do with other windows using any other Windows based software.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bip Bippadotta,

Which version of Windows are you using, and which version of Photoshop beta are you working with?

Just tested in Windows 10 and beta 24.1 and both the Open and Save dialogs are able to be resized for me.

Maybe providing a screenshot of one of the dialogs you're looking at might help as well.

Get back with more detail when you can.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro Release 19044.2006

Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Release 24.1.0

Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Todd
[personal info deleted by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bip Bippadotta , it doesn't appear that the screenshot was attached... could you copy and paste the text or you could send it directly to me: shubert@adobe.com

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot @Bip Bippadotta , curious if you have tried the manual preference reset, testing here on Win11 and not seeing this issue...

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually reset preferences. Restarted Photoshop. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, does the same thing happen with Ps as well as Ps beta? Are there any Windows updates that you have recently done or need to?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon opening the non-beta version of Photoshop, I went to open a new document and the "newer" open window (black background, blue buttons) appeared, so I went into settings and changed the seetings in General to use the Legacy New Document Dialog and deselected the Auto-Show the Home Screen option. I then closed Photoshop and reopened and upon selecting Edit > Open the same large window appeared, Photoshop hung for about 30 seconds with the circular "waiting" custor appeared before the large window which cannot be shurnk or minimized or dimensions changed finally appeared. 

There have been no Windows updates since this problem appeared. The problem first appeared AFTER updating to the new version of Adobe Photoshop (Beta). It was not present under the last version of Adobe Photoshop (Beta).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bip Bippadotta curious if you have tried this fix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ge-vJqvC94

Please let us know if this fixes your issue.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so effing tired of Adobe messing with my world. After resetting my preferences and opening the non-beta version of Photoshop I am unable to see the legacy "open" window on the beta version. I get the stupid Open from Creative Cloud Window. This is so frustrating. Does this mean the new Photoshop version removes the ability to get rid of the ability to use the legacy Windows open window and forces its Open from Creative Cloud user interface down our throats????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double clicking on the top bar solved two problems. #1 it immediately shrunk the window and allowed me to resize, and #2 it fixed the problem, despite using the correct setting, where I could not use the legacy "open" window. So there still is a bug there. Somehow the two are linked. Does not resolve my disstaste for having to deal with the Creative Cloud open and save settings, but the problem is now solved. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bip Bippadotta another way to get rid of the cloud association is here:

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 5.15.33 PM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did that. And that did not do away with the Crative Cloud open or save-as windows until I minimized the legacy window. That's why I was frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines