• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adjustment Brush Now in Photoshop Beta

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are excited to share that the new Adjustment Brush is now available in Photoshop Beta! This new tool simplifies the process of making local adjustments to images and allows users to apply their adjustments with a paint brush in one single step. All adjustments made with the Adjustment Brush are non-destructive, as they generate a new adjustment layer with layer mask when applied. The adjustments are applied with default values. Once applied, users can always edit their adjustment values in the properties panel. Learn more below:

AdjustmentBrush_Gif.gif

On by default, the Adjustment Brush is housed under the brush tools in your tool bar:

NoelleShamroukh_0-1706658838173.png

There are also two new contextual task bars that work alongside the Adjustment Brush aimed at helping users quickly choose their desired adjustment, set their brush settings and refine their adjustment output.

Step 1 - Choose adjustment type, set desired brush size and hardness, or use Select Subject to apply your adjustment:

NoelleShamroukh_1-1706658838175.png

Step 2 - Once you have made your first paint stroke, a new bar appears that allows you to add/subtract from your adjustment, view on overlay, invert your selection, or add a new adjustment:

NoelleShamroukh_2-1706658838176.png

Step 3 - Adjust your adjustment settings in the properties panel:

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 4.03.37 PM.png

 

We would love your feedback!

Please try out the feature and let us know what you think. Thanks!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about fixing the regular brush tool so that it does not have vertical lines when using color dynamics and reduced flow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I was trying to figure out exactly what it did on my own. So essentially this is a brush tool that automatically creates an adjustment layer with a mask and paints out the mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know about this new feature. But I find it a little bit redundant... Isn't it a convoluted and more limited way to do the same things we were already doing? 🤔 (I love Photoshop so I hate to be a killjoy! It's just my first impression)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't figured out how this can improve my workflow. Like someone else mentioned, I hate to be a killjoy but this seems to be a "solution looking for a problem."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please work on stability ensurance before pushing updates. As detailed in another thread, the Beta has become increasingly buggy and prone to crashes with each subsequent update in the last month.

I know configurations and drives vary but I've changed absolutely nothing hardware or software wise, and have only updated nVidia's Studio driver afer the fact to check if it would help (which it hasn't), so it's not me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see merit in this Tool and having to remove it from the shortcuts means additional work. 

As has already been pointed out Photoshop users are capable of creating and editing Adjustment Layers as it is. 

And the omission of Curves Layers seems curious to me. 

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.56.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this will be a useful feature in some of my workflows. Please note that after I added a local "brightness/contrast" adjustment to an image I was editing and then used the Contextual Task Bar to add another adjustment (Vibrance), the application crashed on my Macbook Pro M1 Max running under MacOS Monterey. If I added another adjusment layer from the "top" tool bar "Adjustments" dropdown to add another Adjustment Brush Tool layer, the app didn't crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Brush Tool alt-shift-plus and alt-shift-minus step forward/backward in the Blend Modes (displayed in the Options Bar). 

It would seem intuitive to me that the same shortcuts would switch »Adjustment« in the Options Bar for the Adjustment Brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Capture One has had this feature for a long time and is implemented in a much better way. Including the ability to convert and save these brushed in adjustments as reusable custom styles and style brushes. Unless I'm missing something, this just looks like a reworking of layering masking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are we going to be able to adjust the brush diameter in PS with the mouse wheel like we've been able to do in LR for years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While clearly there are other things that need addressing per previous comments, I for one think this is very useful and it is appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines