• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixer brush is not useable with latest updates

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixer brushes in latest version (PS desktop 25.11 and 25.12) appear corrupted and do not work properly. The color box in the toolbar shows random colors and jagged gray lines rather than the selected colors or color mixes. Brushes do not work as expected or as they did prior to update. Color choices are impossible to sort out. This behavior began in the prior version of Beta but had not infected the "regular" PS until this most recent update. My system is Apple Studio M1 max 32 g ram Ventura 12.6.1. Four other users I know with different systems, machines and OS are experiencing the same behavior so it is not a bug confined to a unique situation.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2024 Aug 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows and have exactly the same problem. I hope this issue will be solved rapidly as digital artists rely on these brushes for our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. 8/11/24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 and same problem here! I use the mixerbrush all the time so I had to revert to a previous version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well. I've created a curriculum around the mixer brush and when I called Adobe on behalf of student complaints, I was told that the brushes I created in PS 2022 are no longer compatible with PS 2024. Where is the white paper on this? I have scoured the internet and can find nothing. If this truly is the case, where are the brushes that do work? The mixer brushes I've created are the same brushes used in Photoshop for coloring on a mask or adding color to an image, I just turned them into mixer brushes. By the way, Adobe Tech Support could not answer my questions so maybe you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone find a work around yet to this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  I was learning new things and trying to follow along, and the box not loading the color was the first of many things that didn't go well. Furstrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the initial release of 2024 and the ability to work with the mixer brush is there; however, all the AI updates are lost. I now have both the first version of 2024 and Beta running on my computer so I can continue to teach.

Rosie - The Joy of Flower Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this today. It seems to be the same issue that was also reported in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-win-macos-ps-25-11-mixer-brush-swatch-in-b...

This thread was technically opened first, but the other one includes some pictures, and it’s gotten some official acknowledgment from an Adobe employee while this one has not. So I figured I’d leave a comment with a link for anyone who ends up here from Google (as I did).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I ran into this problem today and I have so much content to edit that I need this mixer brush tool fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many months later and this issue has been resolved. I'm facing the same issue, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate