• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filter Skin Softening Picks Wrong Face - Continually

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with Photoshop 24.0 (and apparently not fixed in 24.0.1)

When using Neural Filter Skin Softening with more than one person in the photo then filter will show the faces with a Blue box around the one chosen by default - When selecting the other face the filter will only soften the default choice - even if not chosen.

There are kludgey work-arounds like copying the face to a new layer and then using the Skin Softening filter but this just makes what is a useful feature more of a chore to use.

When v24.0.1 was released recently I was hoping this Bug would be sqwashed - Apparently it hasn't been.

Are other experiencing this problem, or is it just a few of us? I have seen other reports in the forums here that I'm not alone...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use the blue highlight on each figure (of two) in turn successfully.

(24.1   OS 12.5.1   MacBook Pro M1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem, could it be a graphics processor issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please detail the issue – the latest version of the Beta is 24.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and the info about your experiences. 

I'm running OS 12.6 on an iMac so it might be a that the OS & Photoshop are at odds with each other in this combination.

Unfortunately I can see nowhere to download v24.1 of Photoshop which may solve the problem as the only publically available version seems to be 24.0.1 - As a Community Expert you may be prive to newer ßeta versions of Photoshop unavailable to we mortals.

I'm not the only user experiencing this phenomenon however - Other users on these forums have had the same experience. I'm hoping Adobe will be able to quickly sort out the root cause so the software can again function as intended ion their next software update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunately I can see nowhere to download v24.1 of Photoshop"

You can download version 24.1 from the Beta section in the Creative Cloud app

2022-11-24 08_09_49-This PC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Ged!  - I'll give that a try today while the turkey's roasting 🦃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@calfoto "I'll give that a try today while the turkey's roasting" that will be one well roasted turkey for Christmas 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the ßeta of 24.1 this morning...Thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately Neural Skin Softening is still malfunctioning.

In most instances its default selection is the face on the left - Then, after selecting the right side face, the Neural Skin Softening is still applied to the Left face.

In at least one instance of my tests it applied the filter to both faces at once, even though only one face was selected.

Note: It would be nice to select more than one face at a time for Skin Softening

What's frustrating is that the Skin Softening filter worked as expected up until v24 came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Neural Skin Softening filter used to work fine.  I could choose different faces.  After the recent update, I can choose (with the blue box) a different face but it will only soften the first face.  This happens even when I create a new layer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wrenski,

Unfotunately this doesn't seem to be a high enough priority bug for Adobe - I've upgraded all my system software, and am running the latest versions of photoshop and the current beta version as well and the problem persists. 

The only kludgey work-around I've been able to come up with is to make a copy of the face that doesn't get softened, then paste that on a new layer, then reapply the filter -  ot elegant, but it works. It's unfortunate that Adobe hasn't fixed this bug or offered any suggestions as to what might be interfering with its proper operation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked again with the latest version. Still not working. As MJ use to say , you are not alone... when will this be fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found out that if you click on any other face and change a value it will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that if you click on any other face and change a value it will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines