• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 21.1.3 - Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge reproducible bug with Hue/Saturation Dialog Box. 
Open a document, file, photo, then open try to manipulate Hue/Saturation, the slider moves a little bit then freeze. The problem is that it freezes the whole app. The only solution I found - one time again - is to kill the app and reboot. 
-
I'm sooooooooooo fed up with all these bugs on such simple manipulations.

https://youtu.be/nRZ3YdX_3xk

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
This issue should be fixed in the 21.2 update that went out this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
113 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems with other sliders

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am using PS version 21.1.3 on Mac OSCatalina 10.15.4.

When using the 'Replace Colour' function, upon selecting the colour with the eyedropper -  PS freezes up and I am forced to restart the program. I have tried restarting the program, and the Mac with no success.

Once I hide the rulers, the problem is rectified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys this is insane! I work with fabric prints and it's being impossible to develop new artworks for my clients without color changes and rulers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User Andersen:  You wrote "I've used some "speed up your computer" tools. "

Just about everyone of those "tools" that you find on the internet are scams, bait on a deep setting hook that tricks a user into allowing serious malware aboard the computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the warning.  I didn't mean a freebie.  I don't trust them either.  I tried each of the speed up tools that come with the bought in a shop, well, bought over the internet, versions of McAfie and Avast.  I'm reasonably confident that the local computer fixing business I paid to resolve problems did that mostly just by removing debris and clutter and bloatware.  The problem all online users have is that the businesses bombarding us with stuff define their stuff to be wonderful and don't recognize that to us, most of it is just junk mail cluttering our computers with debris we are willing pay someone to remove.  I'm sure the elves at Adobe will fix this specific problem one day, but I'm sure a new gotcha will arise from its corpse. 

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avast is itself a very bad actor! McAfee used to be good but is no longer. (I have been in the business since 1981) The two best are VIPRE  and Malwarebytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: I had a couple of heart attacks and had to retire, but sold my business to an employee. I tried very hard to find a COMPETENT and certified person to take over. NONE of the little services qualified. Anybody using Avast is an incompetent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"anybody using ..."

Phew.  I used it for a while, but don't now.  Thanks for the recommendations of "best".

Oh.  Sorry about the heart attacks.  A friend had one and described it as "like having an elephant sitting on my chest".  He is still enjoying life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am enjoying life  as I enter into my ninth decade, despite ongoing heart issues, have been polishing up my skills with camera and have a wife who is an avid birder. So, I put up a web site to display a number of my bird photos - with her identification assistance - which seems to be getting a lot of viewers. The site tallies new visitors only once, so it is close to a precise count of people that have seen it. It has been up since April 1, without any sort of effort to promote it and has had almost 3,900 unique viewers so far in two months!  It is birdsbydave.com...

Be well and stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1.3 is freezing when using the Brightness / Contrast controls. Every time. Does Adobe read these comments to fix bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie@Sewanee, I don't know if it's the same issue evoked earlier, but I've read that desactivating rulers was a temporary workaround. (this sounds smoother than going back one version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank, thank you. Experimenting and the weird thing is it seems (maybe?) like preferences has something to do with it. When my own preferences are saved, it works but when the default preferences are in use, the problem occurs. Still debugging but so far, that seems to be the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe read these comments to fix bugs?
It has been mentioned time and again that this is the officially monitored page for Photoshop Bug Reports. 
This thread even features posts by Adobe employees and an official reply from Pete Green so the bug has been registered. 

Naturally this is does not indicate a commitment to a timeline for the bug fix. 
Personally I suspect a fix might be implemented with the next update (which would still probably be months off rather than weeks) considering that the rulers being involved in yet another bug probably irks not just the Photoshop users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've a problem on Photoshop since 4 days approx. I'm a illustrator and I often use shortcut to help my work being quicker. I use often command + U tu use color balancing: since few days if I do that, Photoshop froze, and I'm obliged to close and relaunch the app. Have you got similar problems? What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my Mac was updated to macOS Catalina, Photoshop have been crashing after a little time while using Hue & Saturation. I'm an illustrator and I'm used to adjust the colour of many layers of my illustration using Hue & Saturation. I use Wacom Intuos M to do my work. I can't understand where is the problem. I just can guarantee that this problem didn't exist before the update to macOS Catalina. I loose so many work hours with this! Thank you for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this will help you, Giorgia but my freezing seems / seemed to be related to the default Photoshop preferences. I would change them but whenever it froze, when it reopened, the defaults were back and that seemed to cause the freezing when using a tool (in my case, it was the brightness tool). So if you are using the default view, try changing your background from black and see if that works. I am able to use the shortcut of command/U without it crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with brightness, saturation and who knows what else—it made me nuts (almost). I found the total answer on this forum: REMOVE RULERS!!  That did it! and no more crashes. Peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read Pete Green’s post and hide the Rulers already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Photoshop engineers doesn't test anymore before release. 2nd time on a few months (the first was the Highlights issue solved in 21.1.2). It is not safe anymore to update without check for engineers mistakes (from now on I will verify online before update). Since most of us, use this software to WORK with deadlines, the fastest way to keep going is downgrade to previous version. I recommend restore it from TimeMachine to avoid loosing your space work and preferences. Only by doing this, I am able to work with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your measured, constructive response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruben:
Your ire is more properly directed towards Apple, as it was their Catalina that introduced the problems from what I read. Also, had you READ this thread through, you would have seen that for now all you need do is hide the rulers until the fix arrives. Another minor point for you: "loosing" means to release. "Losing" is probably the word you intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate that not everything that looks like a Photoshop issue at first glance is actually Adobe’s fault but in this case I wonder how you arrive at the conclusion that this malfunction would be Apple’s doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which post are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,