• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Automatic history snapshot when saving not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "automatically create new snapshot when saving" function in the Document History in Photoshop CC 2019 is not working at the moment, the snapshot is not created.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
This issue should be fixed with today's 20.0.2 update. Please install the update and let me know if you're still having any issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working just fine here. I'm on High Sierra, and if I enable the preference in History Options, I have no problem with it.

What's your OS, so others can test and help troubleshoot, and have you tried deleting your Preferences and starting fresh? Sometimes they get farkled when installing a new version over an older one. — Be sure first that you don't have any presets you haven't already saved to disk or they'll be gone.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply Cirsten 🙂
I tried it on a second machine (both run Windows 10) and unfortunately it's not working on either one.
I attached a screenshot: 4 saves, snapshots where enabled the whole time, but just 1 was created. Also, I reset all preferences and tried it again with the same result.

Image is not available

RackMultipart20181026931401bse-a89bb97a-e348-4d08-8cad-9ce3ef7f7ac4-690938277.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working fine here too... try resetting your Ps prefs on launch and see if that fixes.

RackMultipart20181026301961rge-737587ed-ad14-4a7d-a060-9f676f900b32-441328733.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch. If deleting and getting fresh prefs doesn't work, and it's both computers, I wonder if you've found another OS 10 bug. I'm afraid I can't begin to help, but Adobe staff read here daily, as do some very knowledgeable customers, so with a bit of luck, someone will know where to go next.

I did wonder if possibly the newest change to Undo would have an effect, so I just tested it — I use Legacy Undo normally. I also wondered if there were something up with Brush in history. Tested that, too. Nothing here on High Sierra is making what you see happen here.

So it's over to the experts, I fear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying eartho! I reset everything using the ctrl+alt+shift shortcut on startup again, it's still not working.
But I noticed one thing in your screenshot: it shows the exact time of the save. Compare that with my screenshot, where a date ist shown Oo
It might have something to do with that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the effort Cristen 🙂
I compared the screenshots of eartho and mine. Oddly enough, his version displays the time the image was saved (nothing surprising here), but mine is named after the date. Now my guess is that another snapshot could be created on the next day.
Also, when I rename the snapshot, photoshop creates a third one just normally after saving- but again,  named after the date instead of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't looked that closely, but yes, mine saves time as well. Something definitely is amiss if the Snapshot isn't saying the same thing. I think I read some other Win10 users talking about trouble with dates/times when they're editing images in LR. IIRC, they're seeing the date, but the times are all the same, which means they can't sort their files properly.

I have no idea if it's the same issue. Do you know if it's overwriting the seconds older snapshot? Or just not adding a new one because it's already there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem in PS cc 2019, win 10 isn't just you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said everything that had to be said using no words 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a difference between Mac and Win how the date/time is captured. Engineering will look into it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank all you guys for the help and responses and thanks for looking into it Jeffrey! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this problem as well, snapshots aren't saving and only show the date instead of a proper timestamp. I'm on Windows 10!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes same exactly with me (WIN 10 Photoshop CC 2019) / 
no probs when I use the previous Photoshop Version (CC 2018) 
I have also noticed that sometimes after saving a document when I exit Photoshop CC 2019, Phothoshop asks me if I want save the document (that I just saved!)
(even this problem seems to be an issue with the date / time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, Win 10, only date showing. 😞  
I wish it will be fixed quickly, I love this function and use it a lot to track my time and analyse my painting process so I can reverse some choice I made.
I use a personal action instead (save+create snapshot) shorcut on F5, but I miss the hour tag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too (save + snapshot all the time) to revert to previous version is painful because the new way to call the DO & UNDO commands! now I don't know anymore how to do that so confusing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed with today's 20.0.2 update. Please install the update and let me know if you're still having any issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised to see hourly tags in my snapshot today !
I'm so satisfied, it works just fine ! 🙂
Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yess today updating fixed the bug! pffff

Votes

Translate