• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brush Size Lock

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to change the size of your brush to the one you are using EVERY TIME you change brushes is incredibly hectic and time consuming when working. If you switch brushes, the size of the brush will change to the preset of that brush that you selected.

A Brush Size Lock to give the user the choice to avoid size switch with every brush preset switch would be an amazing time saver.

Alternatively, an option to save the size (or not) of a brush when creating a new preset would be also be a dream.

I am confused as to why the "Soft Brush" set of 3 that comes with Photoshop allows you to switch between them without altering the size of a brush, but this is not offered to any other brushes, to my knowledge.

If there's a way to do this it would be greatly appreciated, if somebody could shed some light on the topic. Otherwise I haven't found anything online.

Thank you! 🙂

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is over a year old, but this needs way more attention. It would be a godsend if this could be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Georgina,

Thanks for the suggestion! Love that you included the screenshot with direction -- that's super helpful 🙂

I filed a case with the request. It's under consideration. 

When you refer to switching between brushes, are you mostly referring to switching between brushes that ship with Photoshop?Those presets can't be edited, but you might consider making a custom set of the brushes you use regularly. When you create a custom brush preset don't check the box that says to capture size (to keep them size agnostic).

Would love to hear why or why not this might work for you in your workflow. 

Thanks!
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Hannah,
Have you found a solution ?
I hope Goeorgina's suggestion has been taken into account, I have the exact same problem with my brushes, I bought 450 brushes online and they all have captured sizes and some have captured colors settings, I wish there was a simple way to fix them all, such as checking a single box. Instead, I'll painfully have to spend my hole day with your solution 😞

Respectfully,

Marie.

Votes

Translate

Translate