• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't move Reference Point while transforming (22.0.1)

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New bug introduced in Version 22.0.1 on Mac. While transforming the (anchor) reference point can not be moved by holding Opt/Alt and clicking to a new position. The workaround is to move the cursor while clicking on the new position, then the new anchor point appears at the new position. Clicking once is doing nothing.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Sweet mother of god. Looks like they finally fixed this in the latest update (22.4.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check out my autohotkey fix.  It only works one time to set the anchor point but it helps a bit.  It definitely should be corrected.  This is *almost* as bad as the still broken transformation auto confirm when you drag "too far away" from the transformation bounding box.  That was an equally stupid change bc what's too far away?  There is no indication of what's too far away and it feels like its zoom level dependent.  I just realized my link wasn't permanently linked, updated link here: www.smithany.com/psTransformAnchorFix.ahk

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this was reported months ago - don't know about anyone else but being able to click wherever I want the reference point is an essential part of my workflow and super annoying now to have to zoom in and out and drag the point...  Please sort it out!  Wish I hadn't udated now just because of this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree Dan, but no need to zoom in or out! Just click where you want the reference point, but instead of releasing the mouse button, just drag it a little and the reference point will appear at your cursor. I'm used to it now, and it works almost as fast as the original way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah great thanks very much - irritating, but can see it'll normalise soon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief. How many months does it need to take before this is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using PhotoShop 22.3.0 Mac. Same issue. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally had the City of Chicago fix a pothole in less time than it's taken Adobe to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with the same issue. Many thanks for the workaround suggestions for this bug. While I'm not seeing the reference point as I do it, option clicking as I'm moving the mouse around seems to work to set the reference point.

(Photoshop 22.3.0, MacBook Air M1, macOS 11.2.3 Big Sur)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed in 22.4.

The workaround helps, thanks for that.

But I have to say it's getting more then a bit annoying that I have to come here to look for workarounds for issues that didn't exist in, say, PS CC 2019 or PS CS6.

Can we please get a version without new, shiny, useless bells & whistles which just works, without new bugs, memory leaks, stalls, etc. 

I mean, we are paying for it…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this all the time and was really confused when it stopped functioning. I am glad to learn that there is a workaround (during free transform simply hold alt and sliding the mouse a little while clicking instead of just clicking. It is unfortunate that it is not fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet mother of god. Looks like they finally fixed this in the latest update (22.4.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallelujah! what took them so long. But still, thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes this is great to see given attention!  Now if we can get a photoshop style transformation in illustrator...lol

Votes

Translate

Translate