• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't use a shortcuts to "Scroll Through The Layers" with a European foreign language keyboard

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Alt + ]" selects next layer in the panel. However, I use photoshop fully localized in Czech. And I do graphic with Czech texts and accents. So have a keyboard switch to English is impractical. This shortcut can not be changed and can not be used on the Czech keyboard. Please correct me if I'm wrong.You can to work around that by recording an action on an English keyboard. And assign a F-shortcut to action. But it's not shortcut at hand and it is not performance effective. Also, it is necessary to press the shortcut again and again while the keyboard shortcut to EN enough just to hold.Multiple selection with Ctrl + Alt + [ is also a problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Jaroslav,

You are correct -- ALT/OPT + [ and ALT/OPT + ] are (unfortunately) hardwired shortcuts.  I know of no way to customize them.

I'll go ahead and log a bug.  Hopefully we can get this addressed soon.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something new after almost two years? Or maybe it could be done in 2018-2019? I guess 2 or 3 years are standart waiting time for non-critical problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how it works now? I have ENG Photoshop and CS keyboard.
Can I set custom shortcut? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this work? Is this fixed in CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this work? Is this fixed in CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Jaroslav,

I don't believe this shortcut is customizable, but I checked the bug notes and "For CZ, please use shortcut: opt + o and opt + p" -- shortcuts are ALWAYS based on the language the application is set to, NOT the keyboard.

So there you go,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Loll you are diviner! It happened just now, after 3 years in 2019 relese of 2018 year!

Next time say 1- 2 year, so maybe they're going to be suggested by your words too!

Votes

Translate

Translate