P: CEXP Color Difference (Pink tint) when printing from Epson P800

1 Vote
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Moab paper with its factory profile on an Epson SureColor 800. When I print with PS, the images come out with a pinkish/reddish tint, even though the preview looks fine. The same image printed with Epson's print layout software has perfect color, but adds a margin by defaul that I don't want and can't remove. So I would rather print from PS. All printer inks are nearly full. Any suggestions? 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you handling Color Management when you print? Within the print dialog box in Photoshop do you have Color Handling set to Printer Manages Colors or Photoshop Manages Colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Epson SureColor P800 and Moab paper. When I print from Lightroom the color is fine but there is a strong magenta tint when I print from Photoshop. I choose to let Photoshop manage the color.

I cannot get the margins correct when I try to print from Lightroom. Even though I have the margins set to half an inch the most I can get is less than a quarter inch on two sides and the image is off center. The preview shows the image as being centered on the paper. I have had this problem for a long time and that is why I usually print in PS but lately I have had the magenta problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you have set Photoshop to manage color. Have you then chosen the correct ICC profile for your paper and printer combination? Have you also turned color management off in the Epson printer driver, to prevent double profiling, and ensured the media settings are set exactly as those used to produce the profile (if the profile was obtained from Moab they should be able to advise on media settings)?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - this reply ended up in my Spam folder. Yes, I am using the correct profile and yes to Photoshop manages color (since I am using the profile). Not sure how to explicitely turn off color managemnt in the Epson driver (on a Mac). Thanks for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate