• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Clone stamp source crosshair missing/not showing/disappeared photoshop 20.0.5

Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Clone Source Cursor cannot be seen on white in photoshop 20.0.5.
(also applicable to the Healing Brush Tool)

To test just make a new document with a white background, draw something with the brush tool
or draw out a shape.

Now try to clone the brush stroke or shape using the clone stamp tool and notice the clone stamp source cursor cannot be seen on the white background.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2634651

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020
Yes. This should be fixed by today's 21.1 update. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
13 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you seeing this on?  When I try it with that version, I can see the Source cursor without a problem.  Have you tried turning off GPU support to make sure it's not your card?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both windows and mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both mac and windows machines exhibit the problem.
It looks like the cursor is there it's just not changing from white to black when going over lighter colors like white.

Yes turning off gpu support works, but i don't recall this being a problem before the photoshop 20.0.5 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this too on my Mac Mini with a Blackmagic eGPU.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, JEA, if turning off GPU support makes this problem go away, it might be that we're having issues supporting your graphics card.  What kind are you running?

Ditto for you, Johan, if you're seeing this now.  I'm definitely NOT seeing it on either platform (just checked again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same issue over 3 different computers, a MacBook Air, a Lenovo Laptop, and a home built PC running Windows 10. I edit a lot of headshots on white backgrounds so it's impossible to see where the clone source is. Turning on/off GPU does absolutely nothing.  Trashing preferences does absolutely nothing. I would tend to think this is a bug in the software as it happens on different PCs, with different operating systems. As far as I can recall it started happening in the CC 2018 version... and has carried over to CC 2019 without any fix. 

UPDATE: I didn't realize that I had to restart Photoshop in order to actually see the effect change. When it wasn't working, I just assumed that like most photo software these days, it was not in need of a restart. I can now also confirm that no matter which GPU state I choose (Basic, Normal, or Advanced - Open CL - on or off etc. only by turning off the "Use Graphics Processor" will bring back the black cross hairs on the clone stamp tool. 

I do hope this bug is fixed in some upcoming update. Having an Intel i9-9900k processor and not being able to utilize it in Photoshop for this one reason is quite annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm, running Windows 10 and NVidia GTX2027. If I disable the GPU, the clone and stamp cursor correctly shifts through various inverse greys as I clone through different areas. With the GPU enabled, the source crosshair remains solid white regardless of what I drag through. The brush cursor and crosshair are fine, the source crosshair is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Engineering is investigating this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! (Incidentally, EVGA GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSe2 is my graphics card--I seem to have just mashed a bunch of incorrect number keys when I tried to type it before)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, most appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fixed in the 21.1.0 update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This should be fixed by today's 21.1 update. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using v22.1.0. The crosshair is not showing up again. MacOS 11.0.1

While I'm here - any update on the line tool pixel function? Indispensable in my work flow.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate