• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Color Range Dialog gets "stuck" in setting.

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2.1 OSX1.- Run an action that makes a custom selection on a channel made by calculations and adds the selection as a mask to a layer. — The mask gets made as expected.2.- Use color range to select skin tones. Deselect.3.- Rerun the action that makes a custom selection on a channel made by calculations and adds the selection as a mask to a layer. — "The command make is not currently available".I have attached an image with the action steps. Record this action (on color range be on "Sampled colors" and click anywhere on the image), run on a background layer. Revert, delete the layer or open a new image an make a selection on skin tones using Color Range. Try running the action again. An error occurs, as if the Color Range dialog doesn't get updated to select the custom selection made on the action. Only way to make the action work again is manually going to Color Range again and selecting other option rather than skin tones (highlights, midtones, etc) — this is manually refreshing the dialog. This is not usable for distributed, as is making the user MANUALLY do something that is supposed to be automatic. ScreenShot20140614at5.40.19AM_-66dabaaf-da16-45ce-9f9f-f3fe95e8f813-876697005.pngScreenShot20140614at5.40.19AM_-66dabaaf-da16-45ce-9f9f-f3fe95e8f813-876697005.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019
Update through Creative Cloud. There is 20.0.7 update and 21.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on CC 2017. It's like  "Sampled Colors" mode is not recognized when the step is recorded so if an action or script runs sampled colors it comes out wrong because it runs though values in the currently selected mode such as face detect, midtones etc. There seems to be a big where the action is not recording the mode change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can reproduce this and have logged a bug. Thanks for the report!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017.0.0

When using Select Color Range in an action "Sampled Colors" mode is not
recognized when the step is recorded.

For example if an action or script runs that step after another mode such as highlight, midtones, reds or face skin tones used the last time, the selection comes out wrong because it runs the saved values in the last  selected mode rather than recognizing that it was made in Sampled Colors.

Done in reverse there is no problem. Meaning if the last setting was "Sampled Colors" but the action step calls for Skin Tones, Midtones etc it will run just fine.

This never used to be a problem so I can only assume it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I hope they review this soon. I can find no workaround to make "Sampled Colors"
 work as expected din an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hilarious to read the word "soon" after 3 years since you posted this comment.
Adobe is just lazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was fixed in 20.0. I see you created a separate thread for what you're seeing. Let try and track down what you're seeing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my System Info:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.6 20190724.r.80 2019/07/24: 1207344  x64

And I'm unable to have the right result. The action is recording and empty selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Update through Creative Cloud. There is 20.0.7 update and 21.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate