• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need to chime in and say a HUGE thank you for this answer!!! I just spent two days googling how to make a gif, and every single instructions said to "render to video" - easy as that!!! But mine didn't have that option, and this was the first thing I've found in TWO DAYS of searching, and it worked!!! THANK YOU!!!! *sobbing quietly into my computer, wishing I had my own IT department* 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this question!!! The answer has helped me SO MUCH!  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated. I guess "the first batch of cookies never comes out right."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do Thank you, it work when I run under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! Can confirm that this does the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried it starting it with Rosetta it will load but it will not let me export, it takes extremely long and then it crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! You are my lift savior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the 229 files i exported from lightroom (test-001.jpg to test-229.jpg) as a sequence, only the first file opens and it makes a 10 second stil image.  Any ideas? I have search the other topics here but have unable to find a resolution.  It seems like a very simple process so I am wondering if I am missing something?

Thoughts?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of Photoshop and OS? From my testing that feature works fine in 21.2.9 version of Ps on WIndows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually on the most recent version of PS and the most recent big sur version of Mac OS on the MacBook M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.4.2 on your M1 mac while trying to create a timelapse. Would you mind telling us how you are importing/opening the image sequence in Photoshop. When you select the first image in the open dialog box, please ensure you have the option for Image Sequence checked. If that is not working, please share a video recording of what's happening or screenshots of the open dialog box along with the layers panel.

You can check out the below mentioned links for reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/importing-video-files-image-sequences.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYf-fWb0oe4

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your source files could be too large.

At that size each frame would be ~41 mb becoming a 9gb original file before adding the timeline and other items.

Reduce the size of your source files and try again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video Nikunj posted was the exact video I was following for my tutorial. His files were much larger and he had no problem. So I don't think it's  a size issue. I will see if I can somehow record the issue. It seems to always import oy the 1st photo, no matter how I rename them or export them from lightroom. They all are going to an empty folder so they are the only files in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have on your M1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to make an anmiated gif. Therefore I need the option Create Video Timeline. Only the option Create Frame Animation is visible. See attached pic. Colleagues also working on Mac do have the option available.
Working on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020), OS 11.2.3. Photoshop version: 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042,

How to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a read of this, I know photoshop is M1 ready but worht checking https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/convert-to-video-timeline-option-missing/td-p/11957146

Dave Clayton - Loving #AdobeLife
Trainer / Instructor
Author - How Do I Do That In InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the case. Currently I'm not able to test it with Rosetta. But will do soon and post the results here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow up.  After trying and trying to figure this out on the release and beta versions, this appears to be an M1 Silicon issue.  I enabled Rosetta emulation instead in both Photoshop Release and Beta and they both work flawlessly and as expected.  Too bad, as having the M1 run nativity was such a great advantage of the M1 Macbooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Photoshop in Rosetta2 does the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will someone please help me figure out this issue. I have looked everywhere and found nothing. 

I recently bought a new laptop (the newest macbook pro) and have the latest version of PS insalled and for some reason the option for video layers is not appearing in the menu. 

I've attatched a screenshot of what I am seeing. I have heard of many others having this issue as well. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to create a video layer on your new MacBook Pro. Would you mind confirming if you have bought the new M1 Macbook or is it one with an Intel processor? Which macOS version are you running on it?

If you have bought the new M1 Mac, try running Photoshop with Rosetta emulation instead of running natively. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same exact issue and not finding any answers on this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of video are you trying to render: one made from actual video clips or one made from still images? It looks like you are creating an image sequence rather than a video using video clips. Can you also show a screen capture of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate