• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copy from AI and paste in PS not working

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From today I cant just drop and drag my AI artwork to a Photoshop, neither just copy and paste as Smart Object turn PS into the long loading and then this message appears: Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid.

Until yesterday it works well everyday, I suspect the last update was break it. Im running Adobe CC (latest) on M1 Macbook Pro 13, 16GB

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Should be fixed with current versions of Photoshop and Illustrator run on the latest macOS.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with my M1 MacBook Pro. It's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's unbelievably frustrating that this still isn't fixed. The "ecosystem" is one of those things that adobe constantly harps on, and now it just flat out doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Can't drag and drop anything from Illustrator to Photoshop. Get the same "Clipboard" message.

macOS Big Sur (11.2.2)
Apple M1
16GB

Photoshop 22.3.0
Illustrator 25.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem and its still frustrating

I spent few hours on web and found something about "this drag and drop dont work between native (Apple silicon Photoshop) and Rosetta (Intel Mac Illustrator) version of software."

It looks we should wait to native version of all CC software. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same. The solution I found ( it is a temporary one) is to roll back to Photoshop version 22.2.0 - It works OK there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys I been asked to paste my comment here from the community forum so the developers can see it. Here is it:

Since the last Photoshop update(22.3.1), there is a problem when pasting in Photoshop from Illustrator. If you have selected graphics and images in Illustrator, and paste as Path in Photoshop it comes with the message " Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid.", while previously all the images used to be paste as paths (rectangle frame).

Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.6 (3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5)

Illustrator 25.2.2
Photoshop 22.3.1

In addition, I am also a User of M1 MacBook Pro with BigSure (latest version) where the clipboard between the same two versions of Illustrator and Photoshop doesn't work at all...so I had to go back to Version 22.2 for Photoshop to make it work again.
In general, looks that something happened with the clipboard....so I hope Adobe will solve it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your suite of applications can't copy and paste between each other, then you DON'T RELEASE THE APP! They are supposed to work together "seamlessly" HA! When can we expect Illustrator for M1? Anybody? I'm going back to Quark!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nev1610 Thanks for the tip of rolling back to Photoshop 22.2. That fixed worked for me too on an M1 MacBook Pro with Big Sur (11.2.3). I was having the same issue of not being able to copy elements from Illustrator into Photoshop.

However no issues with the same actions (copy from Illustator into Photoshop) on my old Intel MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6 (Retina 13" early 2015 2.9Ghz Intel Core i5) running Illustrator 25.2.3 and Photoshop 22.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Pavel Budin We are aware of an issue when pasting vector content into Photoshop while Illustrator and Photoshop are NOT both running under Rosetta; Apple says the issue is fixed in 11.3; anybody running into this issue on 11.3 or later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The 11.3.1 update just came yesterday and I did updated also the Photoshop to the latest version after the Big Sure update. Now everything seems to work OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fixed with current versions of Photoshop and Illustrator run on the latest macOS.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed in version 23.3 of Photoshop, can't paste from Illustrator 26.2.1. I hate updates that slow your production to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works for me here. Can you provide more details about what you're seeing? AI and target PSD example files? Which settings/options? 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1651265452111.png

Votes

Translate

Translate